Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, about 6 months ago a purchased a 407 Coupe 2.7hdi and really enjoying it so far. My inner CV joints are on there way out as I get some vibration between 50-75mph while accelerating. I have search for the last few days to see if I can get hold of some and I can't find any at all. Has anyone had to replace these joints and if so where did you purchased the joints from?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If you need INNER cv joints then you need the whole shafts as they are not really available on their own.

Your diagnosis MIGHT be right but as windy says i would be checking the wheels/tyres a bad tyre can cause vibration too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front tyres have been replaced 500 miles ago and ive have tie rods and tie rod ends replaced about 2000 miles ago. The vibration doesn't just come through the steering wheel, its the whole car. I had tyres replaced because of vibration through the wheel. Im thinking of getting them spun up on the balancing machine just for peace of mind to rule that out

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive done a couple of drive shafts on these 407's in the last few months.. Ive picked up the complete drive shaft from the local breakers. If i remember rightly they were about £25 each
I will just say bear in mind that the inner joint has two different spline patterns. I believe the shaft for the AUTO has finer splines..Take your old one to compare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts