Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen some pics one here of where to cut your heater box open to gain access to the knackered flaps.

Anyone got a link as im gonna cut mine open and bodge it on warm for the remainder of the winter?

C

·
0 Posts
If memory serves me right the pic's were of Betty's motor and I think his ain't dual zone and I'm sure the cutting position is different

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theoretically if im going as far as cutting the box open i might as weel replace the flaps rather than bodging or is it not that simple?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

Theoretically if im going as far as cutting the box open i might as weel replace the flaps rather than bodging or is it not that simple?
I spent some weeks trying to repair my broken spindle on the flap. It was a bad idea trying to do so. I should have fitted the new flaps immediately. Make sure you avoid cutting out the point where the spindle rotates about, because it is important to have this point in the exact right spot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi

I think EURO CAR CARE QUALITY PARTS FOR FRENCH & ITALIAN CARS wanted about 50-60£ for the kit with new flaps for the dual zone. I checked not long ago.

They also told me they used to cut the box open, fit flaps and re-assemble by using a glue that he also could supply.
i paid i think €70 for my two flaps. They come as a set even though I needed to fit only the one on the RHS. Allow plenty time to carry out this job, in fact if you need the car everyday do it in a way you do a portion each day rather than rush it and feck it up. I actually had an old light jumper blocking the hole cable tied in situ for a few weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts