Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thanks for taking time to read this.

I am having a major bloody headache with my April '99 registered Peugeot 206 1.4 LX with 71,000 mls on the clock

Sometimes, When i am driving along & depress the clutch to change gear, the revs fall to 400rpm. This can result in either the engine cutting out, or the revs rising back to normal.

This mostly happens when the engine is cold, but also at intermittent times when driving along and the engine's warm.

I have already had the spark plugs & Ignition coil changed & told that if it keeps happening, the throttle housing may need to be replaced, as it's the old aluminium type & this can cause erratic idle/ cutting out problems.

It stated doing it again this morning, but very briefly.

I would be greatful for any advice you may have, before i start spend more money on it (wrong time of year!).

Thanks again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Try putting a new 'stepper motor' idle valve on it. - 5 minute job and about £15.
It sits behind the throttle body - and you need to take off throttle potentiometer first.

You can tel if it's on its way out. With engine idling - ditp accelerator quickly. Revs shoild jump up - then return smoothly. If you get 2 "peaks" on the return - the motor is sluggish - or if it settles to different points it's sticky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.