Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this has happened twice now in the space of a week. From a cold start it will run for a few seconds then stop then won't start again. Each time I have had to prime the fuel manually with the bladder thing next to the filter to get it going. Runs fine once I have done this but it's a worry:confused: Fuel filter was changed last summer and I only use premium diesel. No faults with planet.

1.6hdi

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi just reviving this as it's not got any better. Seems to be every morning now. Runs for a few seconds then cuts out. There is air getting in the fuel system overnight. Once I prime the bulb it starts and runs fine after that. It finally threw up a de-pollution fault this morning. I stuck planet on it and got:

Permanent Fault: High Pressure regulation circuit below reference value. Parameters on tickover showed fuel pressure to be around 260bar and injector flow looked ok. I cleared the fault but suspect it will be back.

I had the fuel filter changed in the summer but could it be blocked again? I took off the engine cover and checked the fuel line connections and couldn't see any obvious damage but I suppose a closer look is needed. I'm also thinking possibly high pressure fuel pump. The tank was less than 1/4 full so I threw some STP diesel system cleaner in and filled it up, took it for a long run. I'll see how it starts in the morning.

Any ideas please? Other things to check? I'm getting a feeling it could be expensive. Car has run for far too long now without giving any trouble so I suspect it wants my attention - it's an evil beggar!

1.6HDi

Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Threw this in it. Filled up with Tesco diesel and took it for a good 30 mile run, it's been fine ever since, also increased my mpg round town from 34 up to 39/40, 50+ on motorway.

No starting problems now for a week so I'll see how it goes. Hopefully it was just mucky fuel blocking the filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts