Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my first thread, so bear with me. I have a 2014 3008 auto with 39000 on the clock. Purchased at 10 months old from a car supermarket, mainly because Peugeot couldn't find the model/ colour I wanted. Anyway all fine with car, on a service contract with local dealer, remaining warranty which expired March this year transferred etc. Then two weeks ago the clutch stated to slipped and I'm now told clutch as worn and needs replacing at 1650. On an automatic!
Peugeot have refused any sort of financial assistance or offer of good will because a) I am the second owner, and b) the car was purchased from a Car Supermarket! Yet the Warrenty transferred, AND it has a full Peugeot service history! I get the feeling I am being fobbed off on this one, and feel a letter to BBC Watchdog coming on. Any advice?

·
4,200 Posts
Hi....ive never had a car thats had any manufactures warranty attached...but I think you will find that a clutch is a wear item...so if its worn out and not failed......good luck anyway..let us know....

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Seriously I don't see what your gripe is. The warranty expired in march so it's no longer in warranty. The manufacturer of your TV, washing machine, toaster, kettle or any other appliance you own will not repair or replace their items once out of warraty but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be moaning about that on an internet forum. Peugeot obviously honoured the initial warranty so nothing to complain about there.

Peugeot are in my opinion correct. You're first point of call should have been with the seller not the dealer. As for the clutch. Sure it could be the clutch if it's not a real autobox but an automatically operated manual box which is classed as a wear & tear consumable item anyway. By all means write to watchdog but would you be prepared to publish their response if they fob you off ?

My advice would be to take it to a local independant with a good reputation and get an opinion and price from there and if it is a decent price get them to do the work and pay them. If that doesn't work out you could attempt the job yourself but if that isn't your forte then take the sour lemon and let Peugeot carry out the work at their price.

·
4,200 Posts
You said the warranty expired in march...sorry missed that bit...good luck with that one..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.