Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm toying with the idea of fitting an aftermarket stereo to my 307 but don't really fancy loosing the option to change the time and other car settings.

I see in the manual that there is a version of the 307 that has 'Parameter configuration' buttons where the cup holders usually are. I can't seem to find anything about this part, other than in the handbook.

Does it actually exist?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
That to me reads as if it is only fitted in cars that don't have a factory fitted radio and have that particular type of MFD. I would imagine finding a car that left the factory at that time without a head unit would be harder than finding a hen with teeth. Obviously there must have been some requirement for it or it wouldn't have been in the manual. You might be able to get one from Peugeot but if they could source one I'd expect it to be very expensive, have it's own ECU which would mean it needs configuring.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That to me reads as if it is only fitted in cars that don't have a factory fitted radio and have that particular type of MFD. I would imagine finding a car that left the factory at that time without a head unit would be harder than finding a hen with teeth. Obviously there must have been some requirement for it or it wouldn't have been in the manual. You might be able to get one from Peugeot but if they could source one I'd expect it to be very expensive, have it's own ECU which would mean it needs configuring.
That was along the lines of how I was thinking. As a software developer I suppose my best bet would be to tap into the canbus and monitor the messages sent for each of the buttons I want then program a microcontroller to send the required messages from a button press on a hidden button panel.

Just got to find time now :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts