Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the search button to find out about cruise control , so sorry if this has been a topic before !!!...never used cc before , i have the GT Line 1.2 petrol manual , has any body got any idea as to how to use it , tried today on the motorway but no success ...thanks !!

·
Registered
332 Posts
The description of the cruise control and how to use it is on page 234 of the handbook or at least it is in the one I downloaded.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think someone with a manual need to comment on this. My auto has the ACC. I guess the manual doesn´t as the ACC automatically changes gear according to driving-condition.
But, if some of the characteristics are the same, here goes;
To start CC roll the top of the center-wheel on the short stalk towards you (a greyed-out mph-figure should show in the 12.3-display.
Tap one of the top/bottom buttons BEHIND the stalk to adjust preferred speed.
The set speed should show up in green.
Adjust up/down as necessary with the buttons BEHIND the stalk.

Thats it.

If you want to pause the CC (ACC), push the brake-pedal or the button on the end of the stalk. Re-engage by pushing it again. The car will then go up to speed again.
If the ACC works on manual, push down on the TOP button on the stalk to adjust distance to the car in front (Short, Normal, Long).
If your CC (ACC) has speed-recognition, and you are really really old and want to follow the signs, double-tap the bottom-button on the stalk. That should keep you and all the idiots behind you safe.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I drove 400 miles to my destination pressing every button I could find to operate the cruise control. I even stopped a couple of times to consult the handbook.

It wasn't until I consulted the on-line handbook that I discovered the buttons are BEHIND as mentioned by peujamas.

I don't think ACC is available on the 1.2 by the way.

·
Registered
254 Posts
ACC is active cruise control which is found on the 1.2 GT line - this is just normal cruise control as per any other car.

Dynamic cruise control is the version which allows you to follow the car in front at a set distance and has the automatic braking and is not available on the 1.2 cars

Confusing I know but its just typical of Peugeot as most people would assume ACC is actually what the Dynamic version does.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
ACC is active cruise control which is found on the 1.2 GT line - this is just normal cruise control as per any other car.

Dynamic cruise control is the version which allows you to follow the car in front at a set distance and has the automatic braking and is not available on the 1.2 cars

Confusing I know but its just typical of Peugeot as most people would assume ACC is actually what the Dynamic version does.
I have ACC or Adaptive Cruise Control on my GT!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have ACC on my GT line 1.2 (active cruise control) but it does not detect a vehicle in front of my car that i can see.

The difference is on page 234 and 240 in the manual.

I thought the GT had the dynamic control but the manual states ACC with stop function

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have ACC on my GT line 1.2 (active cruise control) but it does not detect a vehicle in front of my car that i can see.

The difference is on page 234 and 240 in the manual.

I thought the GT had the dynamic control but the manual states ACC with stop function
So you confirm ACC also means Adaptive Cruise Control, confusing even for a Pug fan! :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I say "also means" I can't find reference to Active Cruise Control in the handbook and technical brochure!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I say "also means" I can't find reference to Active Cruise Control in the handbook and technical brochure!
On my car when I switch cruise on it states active cruise control but its not referenced in any manual.

In the quick specs on the Pug website under GT it states adaptive cruise control with stop capability while in the full manual it states adaptive cruise control which i think are the same thing as it shows the additional icon to control distance to the car in front

·
Registered
254 Posts
So you confirm ACC also means Adaptive Cruise Control, confusing even for a Pug fan! :)
I think so but my GT line states active cruise control control when started - ACC so yes its confusing me as i always thought the advanced system was dynamic cruise control

·
Registered
295 Posts
We have `Cruse Control` (CC) which I think we all understand.
And we have `Adaptive Cruise Control` (ACC) which is `CC` plus the ability for the car to maintaining a set distance from the car in front.
That's it.
Forget `Active Cruise Control` and forget `Dynamic Cruise Control`.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
We have `Cruse Control` (CC) which I think we all understand.
And we have `Adaptive Cruise Control` (ACC) which is `CC` plus the ability for the car to maintaining a set distance from the car in front.
That's it.
Forget `Active Cruise Control` and forget `Dynamic Cruise Control`.
ok, so why does it say "Active Cruise Control" on the display when cruise control is selected then?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
On my car when I switch cruise on it states active cruise control but its not referenced in any manual.
I should think that means cruise control is active not that it is called 'active cruise control' or ACC as you stated in your earlier post that started this discussion. What do you think the 'active' stands for?

Your original post looks very questionable now!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I should think that means cruise control is active not that it is called 'active cruise control' or ACC as you stated in your earlier post that started this discussion. What do you think the 'active' stands for?

No on mine it clearly states Active cruise control not cruise control active.

I fully understand that mine is the low rent version and that the full fat dynamic version is on the GT line one and can also be called adaptive cruise control - this is just typical Peugeot marketing not getting their terminology correct

·
Registered
254 Posts

No on mine it clearly states Active cruise control not cruise control active.

I fully understand that mine is the low rent version and that the full fat dynamic version is on the GT version and can also be called adaptive cruise control - this is just typical Peugeot marketing not getting their terminology correct in different marketing literature.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
This is what was stated in my brochure..

Drive Assist Pack: Adaptive cruise control and collision alert, Active Safety Brake

This is the type that holds the distance from the car in front.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This is what was stated in my brochure..

Drive Assist Pack: Adaptive cruise control and collision alert, Active Safety Brake

This is the type that holds the distance from the car in front.

Grumpy.
There is an easy way to tell if you have adaptive cruise control and the icon for cruise has a second small icon just above the cruise icon to show it is following a second car, i have never seen that appear on my GT line

·
Registered
129 Posts
For reasons known only to Peugeot the ACC option was only available on the 1.6 THP petrol and the 1.6 & 2.0 Diesels fitted with eat6 gearboxes.

It's pretty obvious if you have it fitted as there is a flat rectangular section in the centre of the front bumper where the RADAR is fitted.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The standard CC has 2 "MEM" buttons on left stalk. The ACC (only available with EAT automatic gearbox), has one "MEM" and one "GAP" button.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts