Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my GT Line 1.6 petrol auto and I'm loving it. Whilst doing about 50 in a 50 zone I tried engaging the cruise control. It said something along the lines of it being unavailable because of surrounding conditions in big orange letters. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
Kalimera,

If the message was "Απόρριψη ενεργοποίησης, ακατάλληλες συνθήκες" / "Activation not possible, conditions unsuitable", then according to manual page 244 the system didn't engage the speed control due to speed higher/lower than standar or due to the road being curvy.

Could it be you were going in less than 50km/h?

Giorgos

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the reply. I'll have a look and try it on another section of road maybe where the national speed limit applies.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Kalimera,

If the message was "Απόρριψη ενεργοποίησης, ακατάλληλες συνθήκες" / "Activation not possible, conditions unsuitable", then according to manual page 244 the system didn't engage the speed control due to speed higher/lower than standar or due to the road being curvy.

Could it be you were going in less than 50km/h?

Giorgos
I get mine in a couple of weeks.

Are you saying that the cc decides whether or not to activate based on the speed you select and the road type/speed limit?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Took delivery of my GT Line 1.6 petrol auto and I'm loving it. Whilst doing about 50 in a 50 zone I tried engaging the cruise control. It said something along the lines of it being unavailable because of surrounding conditions in big orange letters. Any ideas?
Have you remembered to set the speed first? If you forget to set the speed before you try to engage CC, then it shows an error message.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

As Agmuns says, have you set the speed using the buttons hidden at the rear of the CC stick? I travelled 400 miles having the same message and didn't realise I was pressing the wrong button. Even now I know where the buttons are, I have to feel to find the sweet spot in order for them to work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As Agmuns says, have you set the speed using the buttons hidden at the rear of the CC stick? I travelled 400 miles having the same message and didn't realise I was pressing the wrong button. Even now I know where the buttons are, I have to feel to find the sweet spot in order for them to work.

That's exactly what it was. I didn't realise there were two buttons behind! I was trying to get the top and bottom buttons to set the speed. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
91 Posts
i can get CC to work - just not sure how much i trust it to slow down. had active CC in a golf and it always worked - but got really close to other cars in this and doesnt appear ready to brake.

Am i missing something or do i need to trust more?:lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i can get CC to work - just not sure how much i trust it to slow down. had active CC in a golf and it always worked - but got really close to other cars in this and doesnt appear ready to brake.

I've set the distance between cars to maximum. I went from 70 down to 50 quite rapidly under ACC. Quite unnerving as if have braked later than I would have. That's to be expected I guess as we 'see' further than the car. Impressive though!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I now do trust my ACC and its interesting changing the gap setting to see what occurs. I'm always alert of course to what is happening ahead in case intervention is required.

Through much more use of my 3008 recently, I have found the cruise controls intuitive and I particularly like the push at the end of the stalk to quickly turn the cruise off or on. Although you can't see them, I've got used to which button does what just by touch.

It is mightily impressive when the car slows itself automatically in traffic and the car does the braking, even down to a complete stop. It then moves off and back up to the set speed with grace.

Reactions: duklaprm

·
Registered
91 Posts
I now do trust my ACC and its interesting changing the gap setting to see what occurs. I'm always alert of course to what is happening ahead in case intervention is required.

Through much more use of my 3008 recently, I have found the cruise controls intuitive and I particularly like the push at the end of the stalk to quickly turn the cruise off or on. Although you can't see them, I've got used to which button does what just by touch.

It is mightily impressive when the car slows itself automatically in traffic and the car does the braking, even down to a complete stop. It then moves off and back up to the set speed with grace.
Agreed - the reviews say it is bad you cant see the stalk - but i got used to in a couple of days - so intuitive and works brilliantly....just need to try again...will set to maximum i thinnk:lol:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

The wife had this problem with the Adaptive cruise. I checked it out and it was set to normal cruise (non adaptive) so I changed it to Adaptive on and it now works.
Check your settings.

Grumpy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi - mine shows as Active Cruise Control when on - is this not the same message. And if not where in the settings did you change it.

Still not convinced it was standard on the GT Line! Cheers

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Does the car actually start moving itself from a dead stop Brett?

I've mentioned before that I sometimes play a game in traffic on a single carriageway at around 40mph and let the car control itself with right foot at the ready for any emergency. The 3008 slows down and speeds up guided by the car in front and I have every confidence in it. On the occasions where the car in front has come to a standstill the 3008 gracefully stops a short distance behind, albeit slightly later than my driving style would consider being acceptable. However, as the car in front moves forward my 3008 just sits there and after a second or two, with traffic behind, I'm forced to press the accelerator to start moving again. I suppose without the following traffic I could give it a real test without the worry of other motorists thinking I've stalled etc. but if you are sure, I'll try in traffic again next time. Any problems and I'll just say Bluehdi told me it's okay, What's your address just in case?!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The wife had this problem with the Adaptive cruise. I checked it out and it was set to normal cruise (non adaptive) so I changed it to Adaptive on and it now works.
Check your settings.

Grumpy
After my bad experience with adaptive cruise control coming back through France, I had a look in the car's menu to see whether it could be switched off but couldn't find a system settiing. Any clues?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
After my bad experience with adaptive cruise control coming back through France, I had a look in the car's menu to see whether it could be switched off but couldn't find a system settiing. Any clues?
I messed about in System settings for about 20 mins and found it there somewhere. I think it was tied into the "collision Risk alert" (can't be sure going round in circles for ages) or something like that. I seem to think you have to turn that off too..
Can't have one without the other.

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Thanks Grumps, you obviously have more patience than I do. If it’s there to be found I’ll have another go.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's here, Dautres........

Driving Menu/Settings Tab/ Safety.....from the Handbook, page 50 of the Handbook

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Thanks Drover but there appears to be some confusion and incorrect naming of the function by members, including me. I’ve been calling the function ‘adaptive cruise control‘ because this is a term I’m familiar with and is used by Ford. Others are calling the function ‘active cruise control’ but I’ve been unable to find either term in the on-line manual, Peugeot refer to the function as ‘dynamic cruise control’. There appears to be no mention of turning off dynamic cruise control in the manual so am I to assume going into the menu for ‘activation/deactivation of collision risk alert and automatic emergency braking’ will do the job? I’ll try and see if it works! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts