Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i have a 308 and i cannot seem to get the cruise control to work.
I was doing 70 mph on the M40 today and wanted to use the cruise control.
I read the book and followed the instructions but i just cannot seem to get it to work.

i switched it on by switching it to cruise control on the little stick on the left of the steering wheel. Then i try to use the up and down button to set the speed i need but all i get on the screen is ... please select a speed.

How do i do this, im so confused how to get the cruise control to work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi,
i have a 308 and i cannot seem to get the cruise control to work.
I was doing 70 mph on the M40 today and wanted to use the cruise control.
I read the book and followed the instructions but i just cannot seem to get it to work.

i switched it on by switching it to cruise control on the little stick on the left of the steering wheel. Then i try to use the up and down button to set the speed i need but all i get on the screen is ... please select a speed.

How do i do this, im so confused how to get the cruise control to work.
Im pretty impressed you read the manual at 70 mph on the M40 :eek:

Have you tried pressing the button in on the end? This pauses and un-pauses the system. Other than that I think you hold in the lower button to set the speed initially.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty impressed you read the manual at 70 mph on the M40 :eek:

Have you tried pressing the button in on the end? This pauses and un-pauses the system. Other than that I think you hold in the lower button to set the speed initially.
i read it before i left home
then tried it on the motorway but no luck.

i tried pressing in the button at the end, but i get some writing come up on the touchscreen saying .. please set a speed
I cant figure out how to set a speed.
I also tried holding the upper button in and lower button in but still nothing worked.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I see you write the Upper/Lower button, for me those buttons activate the touchscreen where I can adjust distance to car in front and also choose predefined speeds. When I want to set the speed I'm driving as cruise speed, I need to use the two buttons on the back of the stick/handle (located between the Upper/Lower). These buttons also increase/decrease by 1 or 5...

Hope this was helping...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you write the Upper/Lower button, for me those buttons activate the touchscreen where I can adjust distance to car in front and also choose predefined speeds. When I want to set the speed I'm driving as cruise speed, I need to use the two buttons on the back of the stick/handle (located between the Upper/Lower). These buttons also increase/decrease by 1 or 5...

Hope this was helping...

The upper / lower button im talking about are the ones on the stick on the left of the steering wheel.
I have tried inputting the speed using the touchscreen but cant seem to get it to show on the main dashboard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
To set the speed I use the buttons (on the back of the stick) you can see on the picture showing the backside. To adjust distance to car in front I use the Upper/Lower button with lable "MEM". To disable cruise I press the button to the left in the picture showing the front to keep the speed set in memory.

Image1462133390.348991.jpg Image1462133406.186604.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To set the speed I use the buttons (on the back of the stick) you can see on the picture showing the backside. To adjust distance to car in front I use the Upper/Lower button with lable "MEM". To disable cruise I press the button to the left in the picture showing the front to keep the speed set in memory.

View attachment 39865 View attachment 39873

Thanks, I didn't realise there were 2 buttons on the back of the stick.
I will try your instructions next time i need to use cruise control.

·
Registered
27 Posts
To adjust the distance, I press one of the "MEM" and the change the time to car in front via + or - on the touchscreen. I like to have it set to 2.5sec.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Yes, you need to press the buttons on the back of the stick to set the cruise control speed.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I meant the buttons on the back. Completely forgot about the buttons on the top and bottom. I never use them and you can't see the stalk.
Those buttons are for memorized speeds which you can see on touch screen.
Have to bee selected by touch.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The distance function is only for those with radar cruise control.
I don't see much point in selecting preset speed unless you will be on a road with little traffic... Which is rare in UK.
Probably for Autostrada/Autobahn use...

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I use cruise control all the time whether on the motorway or not. If i start to close up on a vehicle I just suspend it. I generally stick to the speed limits while all around me tend to drive at 40 in a 30mph or 50 in a 40 area so it's quite easy to use cruise when everyone else is going faster :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a newbie and do not know how to post about my cruise control. Please help.

I have a 2012 built 308 2.0 diesel HDi turbo, and the dealer said that my "cruise control stops working" problem is because I left foot brake. I am guilty of left foot braking but the cruise (and speed limiter) starts to flash two dashes even when I do not LF brake. I can only get it working again if I pull over, turn off the motor, put the car in park, then start again. I have seen one other reference to this problem on Google, suggesting a BSI reboot, but the dealer said that they can download my driving history from the 308's computer and that only they can wipe the system clean to stop it reoccurring. The car is now out of warranty and I am a retired person doing very few miles so it would cost me $150 to get them to plug their computer in to reset the error codes. I read elsewhere that maybe there is a problem with the brake switch and that my LF braking has nothing to do with the issue? BTW, LF braking is common in some parts of the world so I cannot believe I am the only one with the problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I have a 2012 built 308 2.0 diesel HDi turbo, and the dealer said that my "cruise control stops working" problem is because I left foot brake. I am guilty of left foot braking but the cruise (and speed limiter) starts to flash two dashes even when I do not LF brake. I can only get it working again if I pull over, turn off the motor, put the car in park, then start again. I have seen one other reference to this problem on Google, suggesting a BSI reboot, but the dealer said that they can download my driving history from the 308's computer and that only they can wipe the system clean to stop it reoccurring. The car is now out of warranty and I am a retired person doing very few miles so it would cost me $150 to get them to plug their computer in to reset the error codes. I read elsewhere that maybe there is a problem with the brake switch and that my LF braking has nothing to do with the issue? BTW, LF braking is common in some parts of the world so I cannot believe I am the only one with the problem. Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm highly skeptical of the honesty of the dealer you went to. How the hell is the car going to know whether you use the left or right foot to brake? The only thing the car will know is if the brake pedal is pressed or not.

Dealers are able to clear the errors but so are the members of this and other forums that have the correct diagnostic equipment. The cost you have been quoted to clear the errors also makes me suspicious of the dealer in question as the average cost is around £80. Never read any other post where the dealer has quoted £150.

I've had personal experience of four cars showing the dashes and in every case it was solved by a replacement brake switch. My first 307's cruise control would work fine then stop working but was also accompanied with a messge saying something similar to 'Speed Control Not Possible'. This was because one half of the brake switch, the half for cruise control was intermittently failing. After restarting the engine a couple of times it would work again until out of the blue it failed again. Replaced the switch and never had another issue with cruise.

If a diagnostic shows a signal incoherence error on the brake switch it is a good bet that a £12 replacement will resolve the issue.

Read the following threads for info on finding a member who can run a diagnostic, how to contact a member and how to get your post count up if required. Most members ask around £10 or £15 for a diagnostic.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/off-topic-3/need-20-posts-before-pm-72601/#post459593

BTW - I'd also suggest you find yourself a better bealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Read the rules and appreciate the reply.

Thanks for your help storman. I have looked at the links and appreciate your help with this problem. Time to find a new dealer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I noticed on Sunday my cruise failed altogether.

The Automatic Emergency Braking system stopped working when driving through very heavy rain with slight mist. It confused the car so the A in a circle light came on an a message on the dash about AEB.

It looks like if you have radar cruise it stops you using cruise full stop. I didn't get a chance to switch radar option off as I was driving. Its buried away in a menu. Not safe to do at 70mph in rain!

Anyone have similar experience? When conditions got better it just started to work again without issue...

·
Registered
888 Posts
I believe this is a security feature. "The active cruise control operates by day and at night, in fog or moderate rainfall."
I use a lot my cruise control, ordinary - no active. A few time in heavy rain after passing through a large puddle which is result with speed drop cruise control went in pause.

·
Registered
898 Posts
These systems are designed switch off as heavy rain/snow/fog etc confuses the sensor and could cause your car to activate the emergency braking when there is no need.

I had a Qashqai some years ago and the front proximity sensors could beep and flash in similar conditions.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes I believe so as my dealer told me. But the manual is incorrect as there shouldn't be a A light lit permanently, its meant to come on and off.

When I had a AEB fault it stayed lit. Then randomly it came on (when car was stationary). Now I saw it come on in bad weather with message and then go away when weather cleared. It seems to be the case when its very misty type of rain with excessive spray. Wonder where the sensors are. I think there is a doppler shift sensor in the air scoop on mine on the nearside. I have thought about covering it to see if thats the case. If I remember the AEB is only on GT and higher for some daft reason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts