Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new here but have been reading posts for a while!
I have a 407 2.0 HDI that didn't have cruise control ,so after some research I bought a second hand stalk from E bay.
It was so easy I literally undid 2 screws and pulled off the blanking plug and slid the stalk in.
My local dealer said they were not interested in trying to activate it and they would charge £98 to even look at it ! I managed to get an old mechanic friend at another dealer to do it, it took 10 minutes and cost.... nothing :)

Now here is the silly question,
your driving at 60 mph on cruise and up the speed to 95 mph on the stalk why does it accelerate quicker than it does on the throttle pedal ?
I was quite surprised :D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
The Brain (BSI) gets every part of the car to operate , to get the car to that exact speed and it`s awesome how the car reacts ,

ps welcome 407mad seen some of your work over at "owners" nice stuff.:thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Its not just you, I have noticed the exact same thing.... and its not just the 407 that does it, all cars I've had with cruise (308, Mondeo, Insignia, Megane, Kia) they have all responded in exactly the same way.... and they will definitely go better uphill on cruise than 'normal' driving.

·
5,071 Posts
ps welcome 407mad seen some of your work over at "owners" nice stuff.:thumb:
think its a different bloke Martin. Ray aka 407mad from 'owners' had cruise as standard on his 2.2 petrol:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts