Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My cruise control keeps pausing by itself and sometimes it turns on but won't work at all and the three dashes on the display flash. I have also noted. That when the cruise don't work there seems to be a loss of power. I have a 2010 3008 1.6 hdi 110 99700 miles. Just had new cam belt and full service and still does it . can anyone help please

· Registered
5,942 Posts
My first guess would be a faulty brake switch. Every issue with cruise control I've had to deal with has been the brake switch.

Do you get any error messages on the display on the lines of Speed control not possible ?

10,006 Posts
Yes brake switch can cause loss of power. If evidence sees brake on for more than about 20 secs then it drops engine to idle and ignores throttle pedal

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cruise control

thanks again for your reply but
cruise control has just done it again but i paid more attention to the loss of power. It is not a complete loss of power, it is a bit like limp home mode, when i put my foot down nothing happens but if i push the accelerator i little bit its quite happy to accelerate very slowly to over 3000 rpm. no warning lights or messages on the dash either.
i am really stuck on this one.
can anybody help

· Registered
68 Posts
If it were me, I would be worried about the loss of power, not the cruise control:D
As it's just had the cam belt replaced, I would take it back to whoever did it and get them to check it. Maybe they left something unconnected? Try to get them to check the timing is still OK, means they have to strip the cam cover off - but its likely their fault so they should be ready to check it out.
Failing that, a proper diagnostic test with Peugeot Planet may indicate why the engine is feeling 'unhappy'?
The engine may be going into 'limp' mode, which is probably why you see a loss of power.
If there is a problem with the cam belt then you really need to get it checked-out soon as the potential for major engine damage is very real.
I expect cruise will behave properly again when the engine is running properly - so don't go round in circles just focusing on that.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers hammerter I'll get the cam belt checked out but it did do it once before the can belt was done and I have only had the car six weeks so maybe an ongoing intermittent problem so will also get a diagnostics done on it
Thanks

13,443 Posts
Replace brake switch (fit the additional wiring loom extension if its not on there already)
Then do a BSI reset

After that I'd check the battery, remove the cruise control stalk and clean with electrical contact cleaner.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi Gibbo, I have the same problem with the cruise control on a 2014 3008. I want to change the brake light switch, have looked for it but can't find it!! You mention replacing one with a wiring loom extension? Can you tell me more i.e. where it is and what the loom is you're referring too? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.