1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought a 307sw se 2007 1.6d.
Cruise control stops working!
Eg 1: Driving on motorway, set the CC with the stalk, deactivate and reactivate with stalk a few times without trouble. Then i reactivate and -- flashes, CC will not work again until I pull over, switch off ignition and restart the car.

Eg 2: Same scenario, on the motorway and deactivate CC with foot brake, only the once needed, and i have to switch off ignition again to activate CC.

Any help please?

·
11,778 Posts
Has the car had the battery off recently? Google "Peuegot BSI Reset" for instructions.

This has fixed two similar problems to yours that I know of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah the instructions for the re-set read like some sort of wonky masons handshake wtf.
I'll give it a try. :)

No the battery has not been off. Though my rear side lights keep blowing also, i did wonder if the battery needed changing?..
You think this could cure the CC and the intermittent fan issue?

Cheers Gibbo,

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is also happening in my 307, on the motorway the weekend i had to brake heavy and it would not come back on after this, then it did it without any warning on the way back. Mine gives me the exclamation mark warning and a message on the radio screen, so would be interested to see what your result is?

·
Registered
402 Posts
My guess is faulty brake switch, common problem, they have made a replacement switch with some electronics inside, that costs 3 times the price of the old one, but the problem should disappear.

Holt

J

·
0 Posts
New brake switch solved mine too.... error on display read "speed control faulty"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no warning or error message for this problem, and it doesn't always happen when i brake....
Just pressing the stalk switch a few too many times makes it go off.
Still think i should change the brake switch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts