Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to turn on cruise I get an amber warning on the instrument cluster saying something along the lines of unable to initiate at the moment or such like. I used cruise once to test the radar and it worked fine, but I can't seem to get it to now work a second time. There isn't something daft in a profile that disables it somehow?

·
Registered
620 Posts
When trying to turn on cruise I get an amber warning on the instrument cluster saying something along the lines of unable to initiate at the moment or such like. I used cruise once to test the radar and it worked fine, but I can't seem to get it to now work a second time. There isn't something daft in a profile that disables it somehow?
That's one the technical bulletins. As it can't rely on the radar it disables the cruise control. Is there one of the car settings perhaps?

Alternatively do a three finger swipe and check all the settings.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was doing something similar - it'll display that if you're going too slow or haven't set a speed first.

Use the speed +/- buttons to set your speed first, then you can tap the resume/pause button on the end of the stalk to, you know,... pause or resume... ;)

The button on top sets your distance and the button underneath will match the detected speed limit with a double tap.

TBH it's not the most intuitive control mechanism for this sort of thing, but I'm used to it now.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was doing something similar - it'll display that if you're going too slow or haven't set a speed first.

Use the speed +/- buttons to set your speed first, then you can tap the resume/pause button on the end of the stalk to, you know,... pause or resume... ;)

The button on top sets your distance and the button underneath will match the detected speed limit with a double tap.

TBH it's not the most intuitive control mechanism for this sort of thing, but I'm used to it now.
I definitely wasn't going too slow, I tried between 50 and 70ish.

Hmm I thought I had a speed set.. will check tomorrow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I definitely wasn't going too slow, I tried between 50 and 70ish.

Hmm I thought I had a speed set.. will check tomorrow.

Make sure there's a number showing next to the car symbol and it's not in square [ ] brackets, which I think means conditions unsuitable. If you see [---] on the dash then you haven't got a speed set. The car icon is solid when it detects a car in front and just an outline otherwise. So if you see that changing (with or without cruise set), your radar is working.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had exactly the same issue....first the speed was to high...it was set to 70 and I was in a 50 average speed check. Whilst the message is displayed simply hit the bottom button and it sets to 50 and engages...also make sure you are not too close to any car in front...mine was set to distant which is quite far so found normal was a reasonable setting.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you are on an unsuitable road it may also not set, i.e. tight corners or a roundabout.

TBH mine only refuses to set on very seldom occasions, as I'm used to how it operates now. make sure over 18mph, normal road...

·
Registered
420 Posts

I think it's this reason (haven't set a speed). I had the same issue when I picked up my car on friday. Didn't understand a thing and had to check the manual. Set the speed first, then hit CC-button (pause/engage-button).

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Was your message anything like the attached photo? This is the message I got the first trip I tried to use the cruise control and was pressing the wrong button. The fact that this message was displayed fooled me into thinking the cruise control wasn't working for another reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was your message anything like the attached photo? This is the message I got the first trip I tried to use the cruise control and was pressing the wrong button. The fact that this message was displayed fooled me into thinking the cruise control wasn't working for another reason.
Yep, that's what I had. And it was exactly for the reason others had said. ie I hadn't set the speed correctly.

So thanks all :)

I suspected it was a rtfm type issue. Shame the message is not more meaningful.. if it said "please set a speed" that'd be a lot more useful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.