Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wonder if anyone can help me my 2004 136 HDI xsi came with no cruise control from the factory and I looked at the com unit and noticed that it had the cruse control port so I got a stalk and popped it in and turned it on via the ECU and BSI and its not working, I checked the brake switch and it has 4 wires am I missing something silly?

thanks

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
The cruise side of the brake switch could be faulty. I had to replace the switch on both my 307's to get cruise working. Take the switch out and check it with a meter.

Others have said they needed to replace the clutch switch but the brake switch is the most coomon reason that I have read about.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I know on planet you can check the brake and clutch switch for correct operation I did this before I purchased the stalk to ensure I did not waste time and money buying the CC

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Storeman, what am I looking out for on the switch if take it out and meter it? Also I looked round the clutch and brake area and can't see no extra wires or a clutch switch I will take a few snaps today,

Thank you

·
5,631 Posts
If no clutch switch fitted cruise will not engage (as ecu thinks clutch pedal is down). Plug should be taped up to main harness

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
If you hook planet up, look for the place you can test the brake switch. There should be two parts. One should be open and one closed. Operating the brake should make both change state. Operate the brake slowly and watch to make sure one operates very slightly before the other. I don't remember which operates first but it is easy to see as long as you press the pedal slowly.

If only one changes state the either the switch is faulty as was the case with both my 307's or the switch needs adjusting. The plunger on the switch is adjustable and can be pulled out to compensate for any wear there might be. It is possible that the switch actuator plate isn't pushing the plunger in far enough so pulling out the plunger may be all that is needed. There are notches on the plunger shaft which work like a ratchet so only pull it out one notch at a time. If you pull it out too far it could prevent the plunger coming out enough to leave the switches in their normal state but fully pressing the brake pedal could be enough to puch the plunger back in to the correct place.

It sounds a little complicated but is really simple. To remove the switch it is just a case of turning it and pulling out. It is like a bayonet fitting. To check with a meter simply put the probes across one pair of connectors and it should read either high or low resistance and switch to the opposite when the plunger is pressed. The other pair of connectors will have opposit readings to the first i.e. with the plunger out one set will be high resistance with the other set low with both switching states with it pressed in.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Storeman,

I checked the switch with a meter and only one side is working on the pins the other side does not show any ohm so I think your right the switch maybe the fault I looked at the pedal box and there is a clutch switch, so looks like its a brake switch only issue is there is 3 listed for my car, the one in my car is the white plug and the others listed are green and green plug with a extra loom
what one would I need or does it mater?

am going to nip to ecp and grab one but not sure what one to get

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got another switch and not working I started looking round planet to see if I missed anything on the engine ecu I turned on cruise control and noticed speed regulation/limiter was off does this need to be turned on as well?

·
5,631 Posts
Check that ECU is seeing switches you should be able to see operation in parameter test (same applies to stalk switched).

If i remember correctly on VAN 307 there is no limiter option so limiter should be set to absent.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked com unit parameters and if I press the stalk buttons they show up working I checked the brake switch and its working came up yes on both switches, now as for the clutch one and auto gearbox its not doing anything when I press the clutch I checked and there is a switch there and its plugged in but nothing on parameters:confused:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
had more time to play about with this today and I will post screen grabs,

I think the issue I have is the clutch switch when pressing the brake pedal it shows yes but it I press the clutch in it says no,

i removed the plug to jump the wires to see if it would say yes but that did not work :mad:

·
5,631 Posts
Maybe worth checking that someone has not had a play with planet and set gearbox to auto in the bsi by mistake as this switches ecu monitoring from clutch switch to gear selector

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I will check that windy after I get dinner, heres the screen pictures,

I could not take a screen shot with the cruise control buttons all pressed but they appear to be working when pressed I swapped stalks from another 307 with working cruise and I can say both stalks are working am sure its something really silly. I have replaced the brake switch and checked the clutch switch to be working. is there a fuse on these maybe ? I have checked all the cruise control types and the thing does not want to work, the only other thing I could think off is the com unit maybe its been replaced but the again the port were the stalk goes to is there so it am lost lol

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spent 20mins tonight looking thru the bsi and seen a switch for auto and manual and it was set to missing I never touched it is the the thing your on about windy?

cheers

·
5,631 Posts
Leave gearbox setting as it needs to be absent for manual the second one looks correct so no idea why it's not working

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the clutch switch was turned off I turned it on, I might try my com unit from my other 307 and see if that works as I find it strange that it came without cruise control with it being the top model XSI

1 - 20 of 27 Posts