Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to retrofit cruise control to my 57 plate 207 CC. I purchased a stalk and diagbox software off eBay.

Fitted the stalk with no issues, had to cut a hole in the cowel cover but that was easy.

Installed diagbox no issues and have followed a YouTube video on activating cruise in the BSI and injection/ignition section also. However cruise won’t work, I get nothing on the dash at all.

I have tried activating it in the “new vehicle prep”, it asks for the cars RPO/DAM number which I found on the drivers door.

But then diagbox says “the installation of this equipment on this vehicle is not authorised”

Any ideas? Im aware it could be a faulty stalk, I can purchase another, but concerned it still won’t work.

·
8,658 Posts
You may be one of the unfortunate people with a locked ECU. There are some ecu versions that the update process to enable cruise requires a download from PSA servers.

You could be lucky and its only telecode locked and you may be able to program with diagbox v7.58 as this one of the last version with the most programing options.

If you are still unable to do it a remapper maybe able to enable the option in the engine ecu

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
12,611 Posts
Maybe find someone else nearby on the map with Planet or Diagbox to give you a second opinion and try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Or your stick might be faulty. Mine had its pins not springloaded meaning it made no contact with the PCB it should mate against. I've bent it temporarily with "one day I will buy a better stalk" :)

as long as it sticks within ECU and BSI on changing and reconnecting in diagbox it should work, based on my readings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts