Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could be to my 20 posts by later today at this rate :)

In my old rover I soldered signal wire to 12V or GND, cant remember which so that the cruise was always on when I wanted to use it.
On the 407, the cruise switch is on the stalk, but does it reset, as in, does it always need to be switched on when the car is started, or does the ECU remember the last state of it?

If the former, how easy is it to get at the wires, and does anyone know if it is a pulse to the ECU that switches it on, or just 12V constant like my old Rover?

I have a little EEprom programmer which I have used a couple times in the past to program a delayed pulse into a signal wire a few seconds after power is supplied so could use one of these if needs be. I used these in things like the aftermarket bluetooth units that always needed to be switched on in the car if the internal battery ran down, and in other electronic things that needed automatically enabling soft switches.

Thanks for reading.

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
I could be to my 20 posts by later today at this rate :)
You can use this link to get your post count up if you like.

As far as the cruise goes, you'll have to tell it each time you start the car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, maybe I'll take the scope or meter to the wiring when I get the car, just to see what it does when switching cruise on.

·
Registered
535 Posts
On the 407, the cruise switch is on the stalk, but does it reset, as in, does it always need to be switched on when the car is started, or does the ECU remember the last state of it?
On the 407, the CC unit has 3 buttons and a switch.

The switch toggles between CC on and no CC. The CC has no memory once switched off either at the switch or through the ignition.

The upper button increases the speed when in CC mode (1mph per short press or 5mph for a long press)
The lower button decreases the speed when in CC mode (1mph per short press or 5mph for a long press)
The end button re-activates the CC after you have used the brake or, in the case of a manual box, the clutch.

J

·
0 Posts
From memory, it does reset everytime its switched off, but if you leave it in the on position, its only a click of the set button to activate it again.... definitely not worth fiddling with the wiring!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think its quite normal that it looses the set speed when you turn off the cruise via the on off switch. This is the same on my Honda Accord too, as someone said above just leave it turned on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts