Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week I couldn't seem to get my cruise control working and then it seemed to work intermittently which I couldn't figure out. It would just flash when I pressed the button and other times work fine.

I realised today that it was my foot resting on the clutch pedal that was causing the problem. I have a tendancy to keep my foot over the clutch whilst driving and it rests on the pedal. Although my gear is still engaged it is obviously switching the CC off or not allowing me to activate it.

Do you think this is normal or is the switch over sensitive and need repairing?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sounds like its working as it should...just try and get into the habbit of taking your foot of the clutch pedal and resting your foot to the side of it on the floor...i used to do this (same as you) and was told this can still engage the clutch and reduce the life of it.

i still get told i ride the clutch, but the funny thing is...my foot aint on the SOB:lol:

·
5,044 Posts
use the footrest that peugeot kindly supplied beside your clutch pedal to stop this:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Were peugeot kind enough to give the 407's a footrest?

Seems they forgot on the 307 :(

·
5,044 Posts
Were peugeot kind enough to give the 407's a footrest?

Seems they forgot on the 307 :(
yep we're obviosly better than you :p

S

·
0 Posts
Mathmatically speaking 100 better! :p

I'll reach those dizzying heights one day! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like its working as it should...just try and get into the habbit of taking your foot of the clutch pedal and resting your foot to the side of it on the floor...i used to do this (same as you) and was told this can still engage the clutch and reduce the life of it.

i still get told i ride the clutch, but the funny thing is...my foot aint on the SOB:lol:
Haha, I try my best not to do it and I am getting there. I never even realised I was doing it until now. I have notice that the clutch pedal does stick down a bit sometimes and I have to put foot underneath it to pull it back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts