Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've looked in pp2000 and cannot find trip or cruise to turn them on so I don't fink I can have it :(
And my wiper stork end has a Ribbon and not the pin thing I've seen on the vid.

So I would like to know am I right in thinking I can't have them?
Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
I pulled my ribbon out and had to remove the comm unit and take it apart to refit the ribbon and wiper switches. I figured that I could either replace the comm or open it up and try and fix it. If it went wrong then I had to replace the comm so had nothing to lose but it is a crappy job.

The trip function I believe is in customer options. I'd check for you but my planet is broken.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled my ribbon out and had to remove the comm unit and take it apart to refit the ribbon and wiper switches. I figured that I could either replace the comm or open it up and try and fix it. If it went wrong then I had to replace the comm so had nothing to lose but it is a crappy job.

The trip function I believe is in customer options. I'd check for you but my planet is broken.
Can you fix the ribbon wile its on the collom?.
I had planet hooked up today and I looked in them all so I just guess I can't have it.. It is an 02 plate after all

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hi all I've looked in pp2000 and cannot find trip or cruise to turn them on so I don't fink I can have it :(
I am quite sure you can have cruise, when i started fitting cruise i read all sides of the thread "Retrofitting cruise control" (there weren't that many then) and found this http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/35361-post114.html
i followed it step by step, changing the obvious like ecu type and petrol/diesel and then i had cruise on my 2002 307 2.0 petrol :thumb:
Today i start by making a global test, and go into ECU and BSI that way, because the PP2000 then knows what ECU and engine type you got. There are slightly different setups in different cars, but you should be able to make the configurations with a small amount of common sense

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had planet hooked up today and I looked in them all so I just guess I can't have it.. It is an 02 plate after all
Cant fix the ribbon whilst the comm is on the car unfortunately.

Mine is an '03 but came of the production line in '02 and I've enabled the trip on it. You may be really unlucky not to have it but I've not come across one without the option yet.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try the following in Planet:

Test by ECU
Driver Information/Communication
Display/Telematics
AMF
(Switch on ignition if not already on)
Configuration
Configuration of Options
Presence of the Trip Computer (change from Absent to Present)
Click 'Configuration' at the bottom which should then display 'Dialogue in Course' followed by 'Configuration carried out'

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try the following in Planet:

Test by ECU
Driver Information/Communication
Display/Telematics
AMF
(Switch on ignition if not already on)
Configuration
Configuration of Options
Presence of the Trip Computer (change from Absent to Present)
Click 'Configuration' at the bottom which should then display 'Dialogue in Course' followed by 'Configuration carried out'
Thanks for the info mate I will have a look in a bit as I've got to reinstall pp2000 :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's like you have given up in advance, don't listen to all you hear, i will bet my pp2000 you can have cruise, i have made somewhere between 50 and 100 cruise control activations and got cars with worse odds working, but if you don't want it, we can't force you

Holt

PS: i have activated cars that Peugeot dealers had given up on

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's like you have given up in advance, don't listen to all you hear, i will bet my pp2000 you can have cruise, i have made somewhere between 50 and 100 cruise control activations and got cars with worse odds working, but if you don't want it, we can't force you

Holt

PS: i have activated cars that Peugeot dealers had given up on
I only wanted it because its a gadget and I've already broke my ribbon in my rear wiper :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts