Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 2007 plated 307 xse hdi wagon. the speed limiter works but cant program the cruise control to set a speed- just flashes 4 dashes instead of showing a speed display. Wondering if there is a common fault which can be easily rectified, seems odd to me if the speed limiter works but not the cruise. only 17,000 km on the clock- cars is in great condition so it threw me a bit to find this fault after i bought it.

cheers

G

·
OK, lets check the obvious. First, you need to slide the knob into the opposite position from the speed limiter in order for the cruise to function. Then you need to be in 4th gear or higher, and travelling at at least 30mph for it to function.

If you've ticked the above checklist then take it back to the supplying dealer and pistol whip them til they fix it, although one wonders why you didn't notice this on the test drive...?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turned out to be the brake switch (passengers side), one of the lugs was broken so it sat lose. Replacing it today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the switch which activates when you put your foot on the brake pedal to tell the cruise to switch off, there is a micro switch located on the passengers side (well for right hand drive models anyway) and it has two lugs which lock when the switch is twisted into place- one lug was broken and so the switch was loose in the bracket and telling the computer that the brake was being pressed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi
Is this on a newer Peugeot? I have cruise control on a 51 Reg Peugeot 307 GLX. It has never worked since i had the car in January 2009. Does my car have the speed limiter you talk about? Have you got a picture of where the brake switch is please and I'll check to see if i have one, maybe thats why my cruise control doesn't work also.

G

·
Look on your cruise control stalk - if you have a little thumbwheel in the middle you have a speed limiter. If it's not there, you don't.

G

·
It's to toggle between cruise and limiter (you can't have both active at the same time).

Set it in the cruise position, drive in 4th or 5th gear at 30 or more MPH, and dab either of the buttons on the rear face of the stalk to set the cruise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it will show under the speedo CC- then the speed set in numerical digits. EG CC100, well it does on my 2007 model

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recoil

I have a 307 XSi 2003 it has a green Cruze written in the dash lights when on, but its not working at the moment no light or cruze control when switched on.
any ideas I've checked fuses.

I found that if the 307 is serviced and the service status is not reset and you go over the service status by 2000km there is a lot of service bugs occur drivers side headlight goes out, fuel gauge stops working so you run out of fuel, auto lights stop working, etc to get you to service it.
I figure the cruze control is just disable by the computer as it has not been services by Peugeot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts