Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I have got a creaking noise come from the rear suspension like this from this video on you tube but mine car is a 307 2.0 hdi 110 on a 52 plate . I have replaced the shock / shock mounts / rear bushes and the hub . the noise even happens on uneven roads while driving . can anyone help me with what could it be . because apart from the springs which looked ok . everything else has been changed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1G5KznC7Tg

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have now changed shocks/ shock mounts / springs / axle bushes / hubs / brake disc and brakes . all on the rear but it is still making a creaking noise on uneven road . I have got hold of Peugeot and they don't know what else it could be . can anyone help . please

·
6,079 Posts
Have you checked handbrake cables have not got rusted outer and bend freely

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I've got exactly the same issue on mine - same model and year. It's noticeable when parked on a hill, and even when getting in or out of the car.

The only thing I can narrow it down to is that there isn't enough grab on the brakes when the handbrake is on. My handbrake is adjusted to 2-3 clicks for full grab, and if I park facing uphill on a steep hill, the car creaks quite badly as everything settles. And, I have to leave it in gear, or it will creep backwards.

I don't know if it's something to do with the handbrake cable bracket on the hub carrier/calliper, the guide pins, the pads.....

Let me know if you manage to identify it definitively.

·
11,873 Posts
Same with my 03 307, but not as loud as that 306 in the video. Mine creaks a little from the back when you're parked and getting out.

I just put it down to age and when I wash the car I tend to give all the jointy bits a spray with wd40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts