Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else got/had a creaking noise coming from the boot?

Mine used to creak if I went around any corners with any adverse camber but slowly got worse and began to creak over bumps in the road etc. Took everything out of the car (parcel shelf, spare wheel etc etc) but couldn't get to the bottom of it.

Read on another forum that it's to do with the boot catch not being a good fit, and the suggestion was to wrap the components with electrical tape. I put a couple of turns around the black 'hoop' & hey presto the creaking noise has stopped!

Just thought I'd share the love...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem, took it to the dealers and they were aware of the problem, there is an upgrade kit for the boot which consists of two new rubber bungs ( the adjustable ones either side of the boot) and a new catch, so far ive only had the new bungs but its worked a treat, they said if the problem reoccures they would fit the new catch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
baloo2 said:
Anyone else got/had a creaking noise coming from the boot?

Mine used to creak if I went around any corners with any adverse camber but slowly got worse and began to creak over bumps in the road etc. Took everything out of the car (parcel shelf, spare wheel etc etc) but couldn't get to the bottom of it.

Read on another forum that it's to do with the boot catch not being a good fit, and the suggestion was to wrap the components with electrical tape. I put a couple of turns around the black 'hoop' & hey presto the creaking noise has stopped!

Just thought I'd share the love...
i to have a lowsy rattle on boot did as you did with the strip down will try the tape wish me luck as i am on the verge of shifting the car first french car will be my last gearbox crap engine feels like 1950 model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Art said:
i to have a lowsy rattle on boot did as you did with the strip down will try the tape wish me luck as i am on the verge of shifting the car first french car will be my last gearbox crap engine feels like 1950 model.
i have now done the tape trick on boot lock, rattle has gone ,thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot 207 se 1.4 2006

My car seems to be having some problems all of a sudden its on 34,000 miles and i am hearing a creaking noise from the front and different sounds when its idle and up ramps, also another problem i have is when i change gears and accelerate it seems to be clicking the front part each time i put my foot down and some days it doesn't at all. Please help me asap i have got the peugeot warranty still but does anyone know what it might be before i go to the local dealer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts