Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
308 got line creaking clutch pedal I know there was a TSB on this but I couldn’t be annoyed bringing it to a main dealer. Does anything have to be removed to get to the pivot points?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I sprayed mine with 3 in 1 without removing anything. Still OK 6 months later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine's started creaking again too, about 6 months after Peugeot had it for the TSB. :mad: Do I just blast all the bits and pieces at the back of the pedal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yup,
Mine is doing the same-its always okay first thing in the morning when the ambient is cold and only does it in hot weather.
It is in the main dealers on Friday for this and other issues.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yup,
Mine is doing the same-its always okay first thing in the morning when the ambient is cold and only does it in hot weather.
It is in the main dealers on Friday for this and other issues.
Hope they sort it for you. Mine's out of warranty now so they aren't interested without me shelling out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealer said they will carry out a "diagnostic check" whatever that means and then said may charge me £71 I said "NO" :mad: the car is still in warranty until November.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealer said they will carry out a "diagnostic check" whatever that means and then said may charge me £71 I said "NO" :mad:the car is still in warranty until November.
They tried that with me too when I last had it done, had to put my foot down. They greased it up with a thick yellow grease, which only worked for a few months..

Let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So where is the spring pivot points? Everyone seems to be skimming over this question though.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
There is a ball joint at the top of the lever, I just squirted some 3 in 1 with PTFE up there and my squeak went away and so far has not returned. I could "feel" the squeak with my foot it was so rough.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only thing i can see is a plastic type cylinder when I press the clutch pedal that moves. I can’t see anything else

·
Registered
8 Posts
308 got line creaking clutch pedal I know there was a TSB on this but I couldn’t be annoyed bringing it to a main dealer. Does anything have to be removed to get to the pivot points?
Mine does this in cold or hot weather. I also noticed on really hot days the finish on the gear stick is also a bit creaky to the touch

1 - 19 of 19 Posts