Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all' I have recently been having these strange noises from under the car and it seems to happen when changing direction (not always) and sometimes when pulling off. I have checked all the obvious things like lower balls joints, wishbone bushes seem ok, lower engine mount and engine side mount are not loose, anti roll bar rubbers seem ok. anti roll bar drop links again seem ok to look at but I haven't taken them off to see if they are shot. I am at a loss, Has anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked the links that join the anti roll bar to the McPherson strut today and there was no looseness in the ball joints so it probably isn't them. Basically everything suspension, subframe and steering wise is fine. I do get a lot of creaking noises from the rear coil springs when jacking and lowering the car and it sounds similar to the noises I am concerned about when driving but they are at the back whilst the noises appear to be coming from the front. It passed its mot in march so they didn't find anything untoward then so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it gets worse so that I can identify the problem

C

·
0 Posts
Run It into somewhere like National tyres or Kwik fit armed with a packet of Chocolate Biscuits and explain your issue they will put it on a ramp and have a good check of it and hopefully find your issue. I find this best as when you Jack a car up you will loose any play in some ball joints etc as the suspension moves when you lift the car up. Hope this helps :thumb:

See thread below this is about the same sort of thing on the 407

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/knocking-like-noise-front-23003/

D

·
0 Posts
The wishbone bush mounts knock off the subframe on the 307. Did you look there?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those bushes look ok to me so they are clearly not badly worn but it's hard to know if it is them on a driveway with just jacks and axle stands. As for going to a local garage or tyre place around here, asking then to put it on the ramp and expecting not to pay. not a chance.

I am beginning to suspect the springs. The noises sound like the creaking you get from the rear springs when jacking or lowering the car so it could just be slight movement in the springs on the front struts and at the rear. I have got tired of getting under the bl**dy thing and checking that everything is done up tight and the bushes are alright:(:confused::mad: so I guess i'll just put up with it until the next MOT in March whereby they might throw some light on it.

D

·
0 Posts
Its not the actual bushings but the metal plate that holds them on that knocks off the subframe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts