Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting my clutch change finished tomorrow, and my release bearing arrived from carparts4less today.

However the one they sent looks like this:
https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/luk/623824

The one I need looks like this:
https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/skf/17104

I contacted them to try and see if they had anything suitable and what's strange is the OEM numbers on buycarparts for both those release bearings are the same.

How can this be when they look so different?

What is the OEM number for the one I need????

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm planning on getting my clutch change finished tomorrow, and my release bearing arrived from carparts4less today.

I contacted them to try and see if they had anything suitable and what's strange is the OEM numbers on buycarparts for both those release bearings are the same.

How can this be when they look so different?

What is the OEM number for the one I need????
The bearings are interchangeable. If the LUK bearing came with a LUK clutch kit, that's the one to use.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a valeo SMF conversion kit but it was missing the bolts and the bearing.

The worn one is a SKF bearing with the part number BRU 0355 BD

Eurocarparts can only match it off an OEM number :(

·
5,863 Posts
As above the parts are interchangeable the end shape is down to manufacturers choice, as long as internal and external dimensions match (which they will) either will work fine.

At the end of the day they have a very basic function to just press the clutch plate fingers down

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
Both will work as windy says the numbers on your parts are meaningless to anyone but the bearing makers they do not correspond with peugeot part numbers as peugeot have their own numbering system for everything and this number is what third party companies use for reference not the makers numbers.

Also makes no difference whether you are using a solid flywheel and clutch or a dual mass bearings are all the same except on pull type clutches on some cars

1 - 8 of 8 Posts