Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all.

Have a 2005 307 HDI xsi 136 which was tough to start last winter and generally when the weather gets below 10-11 degrees.
Having done plenty of reading I have ascertained that the glow plugs aren't used below 2 degrees and hooking up to Peugeot planet, the only outstanding issues are a turbo repeat position sensor and ambient light sensor issue.
Some say changing the battery/starter motor sorts the problem however it may be an expensive shot in the dark.
Would hooking it up to another battery to give it some extra bump rule out/confirm the new battery idea?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Best regards

-Chris

C

·
0 Posts
Chris take it to somewhere like kwik fit etc they will do a free battery health check for you and determine if its on its way out. Also check to power of the battery is it powerful enough to do the job? my 2.0 hdi 407 struggled to start when i got her and i discovered that is was not big enough to efficiently start the engine, i put on a bigger more powerful battery ( type 096 i think ) and it now starts perfectly even in minus figures :thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colin.
Bob on. The battery actually packed in and I discovered the battery in there was for a 307 1.6 petrol :eek:
That explains the hard starting when the temp is below 10'ish.
Strange as it was spinning the engine fast enough to not rouse suspicion but after 2-3 attempts it would be noticeably slower.
Now with a new (Correct) battery in there, all is running fine!

Rough starting, first port of call... Battery!

Cheers all.

Best regards

-Jvr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts