Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, Just in need of a little advice, After a non start I called out my break down but by the time they arrived car started again:rolleyes:

Got home plugged in planet, this gave me fault code P0340 Intermittent fault, crankshaft, and so fitted a new sensor and sprayed wd40 on connector:thumb:

Car is a 2003 307 estate SE with 2.0hdi engine 90bhp remaped to 125bhp 108k miles

This however has not solved the problem as still have an intermittent non start fault with it but have noticed that when it will not not start I turn off ignition and leave car to sleep/power down then restart and this seems to work and she starts, this only seems to happen about once a week after the car has been parked up for a while

The care drives absolutely spot on

Any suggested solutions very welcome, cheers Macca:D

·
5,863 Posts
When it next happens try opening the drivers door with key in ignition to see if BSI is seeing key (chime from BI to remind key in ign) could be pickup coil on ignition lock for imobiliser intermittent fault (if you have pp2000 can also check for ecu unlocked status).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it next happens try opening the drivers door with key in ignition to see if BSI is seeing key (chime from BI to remind key in ign) could be pickup coil on ignition lock for imobiliser intermittent fault (if you have pp2000 can also check for ecu unlocked status).
That sounds plausible, will give that a try next time, so could be a new pickup coil needed then:confused:

Many Thanks :thumb:

·
5,863 Posts
You can replace the coil they are a common failure most dealers keep stock easy to change and not to expensive

·
Registered
72 Posts
this only seems to happen about once a week after the car has been parked up for a while

The care drives absolutely spot on

Any suggested solutions very welcome, cheers Macca:D
Just a tought you say it only happens when car been standing for a while. Is your battery in good condition? As if it fallls below 12volt while cranking it might not start. I would have tought if immo ring is faulty you would get immo light ON while cranking as it does not recognise the the key.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a tought you say it only happens when car been standing for a while. Is your battery in good condition? As if it fallls below 12volt while cranking it might not start. I would have tought if immo ring is faulty you would get immo light ON while cranking as it does not recognise the the key.
I did have all sorts of problems and warning lights when my 206 battery went low so I know what you mean

But this problem is so intermittent and always comes back as same fault of
P0340 speed sensor and so if key wasnt registering to BSI or BSI was not unlocking the engine ECU then this may not be putting power to the speed sensor as I believe this sensor is only used for starting?

1st time it happened I came out of work and went for diesel, filled up then car did not start at the pump :mad:
Got new sensor
Next time was after standing for four hours
Then before work in the morning, I then worked out that if I shut down ignition and left car to sleep it would then start, or after locking/unlocking it would start and so the fiery of Ignition responder ring would make sence:nod:

Hope this makes sence and thanks for your input guys:thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update....
Ordered new Transponder ring from main dealer and what realy surprised me was on ebay people are asking £15-£25 for these.. Main dealer £4.40 so didnt ask any questions about the price just got out quick sharp:nod:

Fitted and so far so good:thumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just an update....
Ordered new Transponder ring from main dealer and what realy surprised me was on ebay people are asking £15-£25 for these.. Main dealer £4.40 so didnt ask any questions about the price just got out quick sharp:nod:

Fitted and so far so good:thumb:
Glad you got it sorted and hope it's stays like that :thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well im still getting this intermitant fault about once a week which always comes back as speed sensor when I plug planet into the car:(

As soon as the car does not start I open the door and get key in ignition chime fine, I then lock and unlock the car and it starts fine:confused:
It seems to happen after a short run (under 1/2 mile) and I return to the car having NOT locked it and try to start it again

So I have put in a new sensor and cleaned the wiring/plug to it, I then renewed the ignition receiver and also changed the key battery, still no joy and so removed sensor again, doubled checked plug and wires and connections to ECU and I still get the same fault

starting to think Immobilizer fault?? Any idea's Guys?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Peugeot 307

Peugeot 307 1.6 diesel 2004 intermittent chugging in lower gear pretty forceful is good in higher gears took to mechanic who disconnected air flow meter doesn't seem to be it .. Any thought? No fault showing up but got anti pollution fault on screen for half a second....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts