Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello forum people. I've not been on for a while since my car has been ok, well kinda ok. I decided to remove aux belt and look at alternator pulley as the rattle was beginning to sound really bad, turns out the crank pulley is completely done. It seems to be in two parts and the outer piece can easily be moved around by hand, I'm surprised the belt didn't come off. It, has 3 large slots on the outer part of it with little lugs, which belong to the inner part, protruding through said slots.
I ordered a new one and it arrived today but it was the wrong one so I have returned it, it was a completely different centre fitting , with 4 bolt holes and no keyway. I think there are two types which fit my car: the double type like I described i have, and basic simple pulley 6mm smaller in diameter.
All the websites selling these pulleys have OEM references and they seem to be in the form 515P2 or 515S4, which I think maybe the two types mentioned above.
My old pulley has only 1 number on it 45C2 which seem to correlate to absolutely nothing .
Can anyone help me get the right OEM reference for my car please. I have the 2002 307 2.0 HDI (110)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crankshaft Pulley

Already got the belt. Can the 6mm difference not be taken up by adjusting the tensioner ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crankshaft Pulley

Just got the old pulley welded together, don't know how it will be as it doesn't seem to be 100% exactly concentric which might cause some problems.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Thats only ever going to be temporary we just fit the smaller one with a 10-20mm shorter belt as the tensioner cannot quite take up the slack with smaller pulley.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crankshaft Pulley

If the picture is accurate , that's the one I want. Thanks for the link Windy I will get one of these next week when the funds are n the bank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts