Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. As my old post tells my 206 cranks but will not ignite.

I have read all the treads i could find about this subject and the most common fault seems to be broken wires.

So i took out my harness between ECU and BSM. But found no bad wires.
I have measures continuity and positive and negativity on a lot of cables (Can´t remember whitch right now) and all seems fint.

So here is the question. How do i sort out if it is the ECU, or BSM that´s is bad?

And i read in a post that it was the Crankshaft sensor that was faulty. In that tread he did`nt get any reading on the rpm meter.

Either does mine. But can that also be because of a faulty ECU?

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Its NEVER the ecu it might be the bsi has lost its config but if you do the beep test and post the results it would be a start.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beep tested...

I have had the Keys re-coded. So the beep test works.

The workshop did a fast fault code scan at the same time as they coded the keys.

They got a fault code that the BSI could not communicate with ECU.

I don't remember the exact fault code since he only told it to me over the phone and it was in Swedish so i don't know the exact translation that the English version would read.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Ok so you are trying multiple threads on the same subject in the hope it will give you different info !!!

Go back to garage get a PROPER read of faults
live data while cranking
immobiliser info ecu locked YES/NO etc

Once armed with ALL the info you will find the answer asking the question in different ways does not help !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. With this tread...

I'm trying to find out if there is a way to test this specifik parts if they are working or not. The biggest problem is that the workshop that works with Peugeot and Citroen have had this car in for fault searching 2 times and did not find anything. And they arent directly cheap for this service. Since they did'nt find the faults last time i doubt it would be wourth the cost for this car.

Anyway. The last time they did a reading this codes came up. (Translated from swedish)

Lots of warning lights turned on (ABS, Stop, Engine-charging, Airbag)

INJECTION COMPUTER
ME744

Permanent fault: Function cooler fan.
Old Permanent fault?: No communication with BSI
Old Permanent fault?: No communication with ABS or ESP
Old Permanent fault?: No communication with CAN network
Old temporary fault?: Communication missing between ECU and the networks other controll boxes (CAN)
P1438: Fault not in list

COMPUTER AIRBAG

Old permanent fault: Information vehicle speed.
Temporary fault: Annulating Airbag passenger side.
Old temporary fault: VAN-Network.

COMPUTER ABS OR ESP

Permanent fault: Communication missing ECU. Function fault.
Temporary fault: Low voltage.

C10FF : Fault not in list

I found this fault reading papers last night.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Thats only SOME info there is much more to look at and none of those are relevant to your issue.

You really need someone who knows how to work a computer properly live data is much more useful than reading codes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the problem

That's the problem. This is the only Peugeot/Citroen workshop we got in this city.

So i am pretty stuck what to check next.
That's why i woundered if there is a way to rule out if BSM, BSI or crankshaft sensor and ECUs as faulty or not.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
No not using the half done diagnostics you have there is not you need MORE info not just codes.

Find a garage that DOES know how to work diagnostic machines properly then you may get somewhere it does not have to be a peugeot dealer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. As my old post tells my 206 cranks but will not ignite.

I have read all the treads i could find about this subject and the most common fault seems to be broken wires.

So i took out my harness between ECU and BSM. But found no bad wires.
I have measures continuity and positive and negativity on a lot of cables (Can´t remember whitch right now) and all seems fint.

So here is the question. How do i sort out if it is the ECU, or BSM that´s is bad?

And i read in a post that it was the Crankshaft sensor that was faulty. In that tread he did`nt get any reading on the rpm meter.

Either does mine. But can that also be because of a faulty ECU?
I also followed all the other options checked all the wires cleaned all the engine earth leads etc and then I noticed no reading on the rev counter, so I plugged in my PP2000 and still no reading by RPM this confirmed it was the crankshaft sensor I took it out and there was a lot of rubbish built up on the surface I fitted a new one and he engine started at the first touch of the key

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
And that was reading LIVE DATA that got his answer !

It does not mean this is your issue but it does prove the importance and usefulness of live readings the crank sensor would not throw a fault code !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts