Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a stone hit yesterday which was nice enough to instantly give me a crack! Right on passenger side edge of screen so not too bad.
With the sensor bar on the screen though is there anything i need to make autoglass aware of when I book a new screen replacement?
I presume they will know how to handle the sensors etc?
Is the sensor bar glued to the screen at all?
And anything to check once the jobs done? Other than rain sensor and auto head lamp function?

·
Registered
186 Posts
In theory they should ask.
It tells them to ask on the computer in front of them which will include if it has rain sensors, light sensors, tinted glass etc.

If they dont I would be surprised but make sure you make them aware if they don't ask.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought as much, but thanks for reply. Not had a car with these sensors before so worth checking to be sure.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
having had autoglass out in the past, one to replace my 307 windscreen and the other to repair a chip. they ask questions on the phone like what sensors, tint, heated are fitted to the screen. but do make them aware :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
They are aware of them.... took mine to have a chip repaired, but they couldn't do it because there was another one too close to it, so had to leave it until the eventually turn into a crack. Its not a 5 minute job on the 407, couple of hours he reckoned, and would cost insurer well over £500 :eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes I had the same with a Clio, when I rang up about the screen they told me that to buy a new one was over £400 but my glass excess was £75, didn't take me long to decide to claim on my insurance :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts