Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
486 Posts
these could be to do with software

bluetooth keeps cutting out when playing music

&

every time i start the car it automatically goes back to radio rather then staying on last source
Did you check the Bluetooth streaming drops for any other phone also? Mostly, the culprit is the phone.

I haven't tested the other issue but this is common case for some vehicles.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I have an Android phone and an iPhone both connected by Bluetooth, the Android is set for music streaming and the iPhone for phone calls. After playing music via the Android phone and switching off and then restarting, for some reason music starts streaming from the iPhone. I only have Songs of Innocence by U2, which I hate, on the iPhone so perhaps now is the time to delete it!

Not sure about the issue with the radio because I normally listen to the radio but will try it out and report back.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im just getting ready to update the software so will see if it makes a difference.

i know google has said recently that wireless connectivity is coming to android auto so it shouldn't be a problem as thats what i will always use for spotify

the other issue isnt major, im just used to it being on the last source i guess

same as the buttons. i would have thought the display change buttons would be the opposite side of steering wheel so the track select is above the volume.

i also think the camera quality is pretty bad :/

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I just tried out the wireless charging pad adapter for my cheapo android phone which has my music for listening to in the car. Charging pad works fine in my 3008, but music played through bluetooth keeps cutting out. Tried the phone connected to my mini hi-fi and no problems experienced. I know others have reported a similar problem when connecting via bluetooth and wondered if a solution has been found. I have not updated to the latest firmware release so this could be the problem / solution.

· Registered
327 Posts
IMO.......bluetooth will never be perfect since it relies on the good nature of the surroundings. I use bluetooth for the phone obviously and, as others mentioned, it is subject to the foibles of your mobile. But I never use bluetooth for music....just transfer my music to a USB stick and no problem.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
IMO.......bluetooth will never be perfect since it relies on the good nature of the surroundings. I use bluetooth for the phone obviously and, as others mentioned, it is subject to the foibles of your mobile. But I never use bluetooth for music....just transfer my music to a USB stick and no problem.
I kept getting messages about Bluetooth getting disconnected until I updated the car to the latest software. No such problem since.
My £50 phone connects perfectly with my £100 mini hi-fi by bluetooth with no drop-outs so I don't think I'm being unreasonable in expecting the same with the media player on a £30,000 + car! As far as I'm aware album tracks on a USB stick don't play in the correct order on the 3008 unless a playlist is added and FLAC files are not recognised. In any event, my iPhone is connected to the USB port for Apple Carplay.

It's for these reasons I'd like to use bluetooth connection for music so I’ll try the software update and see if this helps.

· Registered
495 Posts
I just tried out the wireless charging pad adapter for my cheapo android phone which has my music for listening to in the car. Charging pad works fine in my 3008, but music played through bluetooth keeps cutting out. Tried the phone connected to my mini hi-fi and no problems experienced. I know others have reported a similar problem when connecting via bluetooth and wondered if a solution has been found. I have not updated to the latest firmware release so this could be the problem / solution.
As to the things people have noticed , on my car at the right hand side of the steering wheel beside the window is a slot , anybody know what this is for ??...just curious !!

· Registered
1,616 Posts
As to the things people have noticed , on my car at the right hand side of the steering wheel beside the window is a slot , anybody know what this is for ??...just curious !!

Bassettlady brought this up a while ago and it was decided it was for storing car park tickets and the like. The slot is present on the Allure because it replaces a couple of switches on the GT Line and GT.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Just me behind in the times Dautres !!, mine is a GT Line and has the slot !

Mine also has the slot. I keep my Morrisons More card in it so it's handy when I fill up.
Sorry my mistake, I was best guessing. Must be GT Lines with options, on my GT the tail gate button is where your slot is. Not really certain who is the loser!

· Registered
327 Posts
As far as I'm aware album tracks on a USB stick don't play in the correct order on the 3008 unless a playlist is added and FLAC files are not recognised.
I understand your concerns....for the record all my music sticks play in the correct order and FLACs are OK although I tend to use wma. Maybe it's the system, mine uses SMEG+. What does the new 3008 use?

· Registered
162 Posts
Is the overtaking warning light in the wing mirrors working OK? I noticed on the Autogefuhl video that the warning light came on very late, in a couple of cases when the other car was only actually alongside the test vehicle.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I understand your concerns....for the record all my music sticks play in the correct order and FLACs are OK although I tend to use wma. Maybe it's the system, mine uses SMEG+. What does the new 3008 use?
Interesting, the answer is I don't know but I don't think it's SMEG+! Shame, otherwise I'd consider using a USB stick so perhaps the benefits of SMEG+ might come in a future firmware update on the 3008. Fingers crossed. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.