Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an 02 plate 307 2.0 hdi d turbo 110bhp, it had a rear bump which set of the passnger seat air bag it then since then it showed upthe following faults abs fault, air bag fault, anti pollutionand diesel filter and asr/esp not functioning and no power over 3000 revs which tells me its in limp mode but the problem is, is when i start it it will turn over go to start run for 2 secs sounding like an old diesel and die, crank it again and will start fine although sometimes will take quite a few turns off the key to actually get her going would it be that its in limp mode am buying pp2000 end off this month so not had any codes read as yet, any ideas thanks

J

·
0 Posts
nothing has been done since the bump
Maybe that is the root cause then....

I've read that these know they've been in an accident, and need telling they've been fixed. One fault could easily cause numerous others if a sensor/ECU or something is damaged, and if the air bag went off then the air bag ECU will need working on to be reset (and not by planet either)

·
11,780 Posts
I finish at 4pm weekdays, so any time around then would be great. No charge.

I don't have the equipment in the car today but will make sure I have it next week.

I don't actually live in Warrington though, but on the Wirral, and I'm guessing you don't want to take the car too far if its a bit poorly.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok after playing about today one of the lights has gone away on the dash think was somthing to do with abs or something unsure, have also taken out the passnger seat airbag ready for fitting new one so the light for that is now out spoke to peugeot today explained everything and they said that the bump may be the main root to the cause of it going into limp mode as the computer may be reading it was a bigger bump than it actually was,

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok got into it this morning started her up started fine, nipped to tescos for fuel switched off and struggled to start, went to fire up but didnt sound like it should sounded like an old diesel then it died 3 attempts and the battery was dieing put on my mobile jump starter and she fired up, would a not so powerful battery be the cause of it not fireing straight away i know the alternateor is charging strong as i have tested this

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ah rite cool now i now what it possible is i get 3-4 times oh and martin still waiting on that spec mate lol

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok bit of an update, went to a mates today car started this morning on second turn finished taking my mate from his nr woodley stockport to bury the back to bredbury, stockport to put some fuel in switched of put some fuel in and didnt even attempt to start finished getting a jump start of a little ford fiesta put jump leads on and started fine, so will get new battery tommorrow, second thing is my car jumps in and out of limp mode one minute is fine next anitpolltion fault and unblock diesel filter pops up then goes straight into limp mode this has happened a few times although i bought the car in limp mode

J

·
0 Posts
Be careful jump starting Pugs.... they are susceptible to damage from power spikes which can damage/corrupt the BSI/ECU. Have a read about battery disconnection/changing and you will see :thumb:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks :) didnt know that will try find that although i didnt have any option as i had my mate and two young kids in the car so had to be done

1 - 20 of 38 Posts