Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Jacked up the 307 today and heard some interesting noises. I looked closer and saw lots of bubbled paint on the sill around the jacking point.
I dropped the car and can see the sill needs replacement.

I saw this on ebay Peugeot 307 Sill Section | eBay
but is looks a bit of a large replacement part.

Anyone any ideas if this is what i need and more importantly cost to fit.

·
Registered
464 Posts
That's a complete sill skin - it's basically a cosmetic part and won't solve any issues you have with the jacking point weakening. You're going to have to get someone to have a good look and dig out any rust and then weld in a repair plate or something similar for the structural strength. The skin sill you linked to isn't strong enough on it's own.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a knock with a hammer, along the sill edge where it jacks the same sound all long the body. On the outer curved edge is where the rust definately is.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Then it may well work for you. All depends on how much of it you get fitted - if it's just one part you need, most bodyshops will cut out the part that's affected and just use as much of the replacement as is needed. Having said that, it's still quite a hefty job - the old metal has to be cut out, new cut to fit then welded into place, and finally the whole area needs to be etch primed, primed, painted, clearcoated and lacquered. Can't speak for bodyshops in your area but the one I work in would probably want in the region of £250 for that work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts