Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corsa CDTi SXi 2008 17k (1.3 90BHP)

Well, grand total of 3 days and 45 miles later and the new Corsa had to be trailered away by the AA.

Had an issue starting it day after purchase, it wouldn't start initially, but after 2-3 attempts it started, this was on a Sunday, so I called them on Monday to get the issue resolved, except, the car was dead when I went to start it to take it in!

The AA came out and said it was an alternator fault, the battery wasn't hold charge and even him trying to start it, it wouldn't hold or it would hold for 3-4 minutes before cutting off.

Off it went on Monday lunchtime, after them doing diagnostics we excluded the alternator and battery and the fault was identified as a loose connection in a wiring loom from the battery?

The said they don't carry spares of this part in the dealership and one has been ordered (7-10 days).

I've asked about possible other issues which may arise from this? Do I need a new battery? what if it doesn't solve the problem? but they've been very vague about that saying it is possible it might not fix the fault, but that's the line they are going down initially.....

So, my lovely Peugeot Forum friends, your opinions?

As always, many thanks in advance

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers David, I do appreciate your honesty on that front.
They have offered me a refund and I was in two minds about whether to take it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts