Peugeot Forums banner

Corrosion on inner wheel arches.

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnJ 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought my car was rust free until today, when I took it for an MOT, and it passed. Happy happy happy :D

Then the bad news, I got an advisory for both os and ns inner wheel arches corroded.

The problem is, the inner wheel arches look like they are covered is some rubberised corrugated material, and the rust is between the panels.

Any idea how I can tackle this would be a big help, what products do you recommend for treating rust.

And here is a pic to get the pulse racing, the sight of the old girl at the mercy of the dreaded MOT inspector, and you are thinking, please please please, let it pass. :D

See less See more
#3 ·
I suppose that is my only option to repair it properly. I can't really get at rust that is sandwiched between the boot of the car and inner wheel arch panel.

Is it expensive to have it cut out and welded?

Where the rust is, it does not matter how it looks, you can't see it unless you get right under the car.

#5 · (Edited)
just to show the inner and outer can be the one and same

Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Rust

Green Aqua Teal Ice hotel Turquoise

Auto part

Rust Auto part

Vehicle Auto part Car Floor Wheel

Lots of grinding...
this was me last year.. in the rain, yet again ! ...health and safety gone mad ;)

17042017 - Sendvid

ps try and get a variable speed grinder and flap discs... I have mine on 1-2 for the finishing off
(just bought 10 80 grit flap discs from amazon last night for £12...as I'm sure they will come in handy.. )

#6 ·
just to show the inner and outer can be the one and same

View attachment 77634

View attachment 77642

View attachment 77650

View attachment 77658

View attachment 77666

Lots of grinding...
this was me last year.. in the rain, yet again ! ...health and safety gone mad ;)

17042017 - Sendvid

ps try and get a variable speed grinder and flap discs... I have mine on 1-2 for the finishing off
(just bought 10 80 grit flap discs from amazon last night for £12...as I'm sure they will come in handy.. )
That's fantastic Liam, well done mate. I have exactly the same problem, rust between the boot panels and inner wheel panels. I would like to do it myself but I may have to get it done in the garage due to the cost of buying a disc grinder and welding equipment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.