Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 307 is at 121,000. Looking to replace timing belt before 130,000. I presume I need to buy the timing belt kit due to the high mileage.

Could someone send me the link to the right set, 307 is 2002 1.4hdi style.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found the correct timing belt but can someone explain the difference between just the belt and the kit and if you put the kit on when car gets high mileage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Depending on engine type the belt is just the belt (obviously) and the kit will be the belt, new tensioner, new idler roller, and new bolts etc. to replace the whole lot. Also, some might include the water pump aswell, but manufacturers / dealers usually say they just check it and replace if it looks like it's leaking. For the extra work involved when changing a belt, it's a bit silly not to replace the rest of the gear. If the idler roller bearing fails further down the line then the whole job has to be done again to replace it. Probably cost an extra £50 or so to replace the lot while you're on with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
How much

How much would the kit be for a 307 sw se 1.6 hdi as ive thought about doing it on mine as its better to be safe than sorry :thumb:

G

·
Peugeot recommend (but don't insist) the bottom pulley also be replaced at timing belt time. you should also replace the idler, tensioner etc, what have you, when you replace the timing belt.

The belt is only sold on its own in case the old belt needs to be removed for repair, such as head gasket etc. The full belt kit is the correct one to use when replacing the belt at scheduled intervals.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am I right the timing belt should be changed every 70,000 miles. I bought the 307 when it was 100,000 miles so really want to have the timing belt changed soon as Ive just gone past 121,000 miles.

Its around £130 from peugeot but can be bought cheaper elsewhere.

Anybody know roughly what the it will cost to fit excluding parts cost.

G

·
If that's £130 for belt and rollers, that's not bad at all. If it's just the belt, forget it - that's a saving too far.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
contains belt, tensioner roller and rollers.....is that the full kit....

G

·
Yes, that's the full kit, so that's a pretty dent price and you get a years warranty on the job too if it's genuine parts from an authorised dealer. Not bad at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.