Peugeot Forums banner

Cooling fluid usage due to airco?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Sander78 
#1 ·
Hi,

My 308 SW (2010) uses a bit of cooling fluid. At the dealer they said it's due to the air-conditioner. The fluid will get hotter and will evaporate more. Is that true? It sounds a bit weird to me, I always thought it was a closed system.

greetings,

Sander

#6 ·
I already expected that it was b.s.
The dealers here (Moscow, Russia) are not that professional and will try to do anything they can to either talk a problem away or make it your own fault (the car is still on guarantee).

How much does a cooling system evaporate in normal conditions (was relatively warm here the last two weeks, around 30). I'd like to know if it's normal or that there is a problem somewhere. Just if I go with such a questions to a dealer here the first thing they say will be: 'we have to do diagnostics'. and that's not for free of course and they only plug in the PC and check error codes. No error code means no problem..... in their opinion of course.

Thanks for your answers so far already :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.