Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone had a similar problem, I have a 08 1.6 307sw estate, the cooling fan runs on after the engine is switched of, with the result I have to disconnect the battery, anew temp sensor was installed a number of weeks ago but the problem is back. any help/advice is appreciated, regards Kenny.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My understanding of regenerating is, that the Diesel particulate filter performs that function while the engine is running, but if I am wrong where does the cooling fan come into the equation and why do they continue running after the ignition is switched off? As a matter of interest there are no warnings on the dash.

·
11,992 Posts
My understanding of regenerating is, that the Diesel particulate filter performs that function while the engine is running
It regenerates whenever it needs it. In a perfect world the car should be on the motorway or fast highways and regenerate in 20 minutes there, with lots of cold air going into the engine as you drive.

But if you're not on a fast road very often and do lots of built up driving, or fill up your fuel tank little and often, expect problems ahead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It regenerates whenever it needs it. In a perfect world the car should be on the motorway or fast highways and regenerate in 20 minutes there, with lots of cold air going into the engine as you drive.

But if you're not on a fast road very often and do lots of built up driving, or fill up your fuel tank little and often, expect problems ahead.
Sorry, but it is the fan module that is at fault, just had it diagnosed.

·
11,992 Posts
Fair enough, but if you bothered to give us more details on your car or posted an introduction then we wouldn't have to guess.

On my 90bhp 307 the fan would stay on, that was dirt and grime on the contacts of the fan relay under the bonnet slam panel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello again, is it possible to access the resistor module without taking the front bumper off? regards Kenny.

P

·
0 Posts
Hello again, is it possible to access the resistor module without taking the front bumper off? regards Kenny.
I guess you could bend all bumper back. Be a very silly thing to do as you risk damaging things. Bumper off job is only 10-15 minutes, be easier so you can see everything properly.

·
11,992 Posts
Relays? Yes, unscrew the two bolts holding the front grille on to the slam panel.

Gently lift it, making sure the bonnet release catch isn't restricting it.

Put in something to wedge, and you can just get your hand in to work on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts