Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a 307 1.6 petrol and the cooling fan does not work I have replaced the thermostat and the fan switch which is located on the thermo housing and the fan still fails to work.
The fan works on a slow speed with the aircon tho.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i removed the relays and cleaned them up but still no luck i then put a wire in where the relays fit to jump the power to the fan and it worked but constantly stayed on tho, could this be the fault or is it the resistor at the top thats plugged in to the front of the cooling fan thats causing the problem

C

·
0 Posts
if your reluctant to get a diagnostic done then I suppose you are just going to have to go down the trial and error route of replacing the resistor / relay you bypassed with the wire and so on. Although I would recommend contacting a member with planet as Gibbo suggested and passing over a couple of beer tokens to find the fault it would possibly be cheaper & quicker in the long run

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SOrry not been on for a while I have changed the resistor still no luck and not received any messages back from Peugeot planet members

·
11,725 Posts
Are you sure you contacted Storeman? He's on here daily and wouldn't ignore you. Ditto to the other Manchester and Wigan members.

I can take a look tomorrow if needed as I'll be passing by on the way to and from Yorkshire.

·
11,725 Posts
Took a look today. No faults in planet and diags got fan working ok. Our things of concern were a very small battery of unknown age and clear water in expansion tank.

Suggested new battery (in case it's electrical) and coolant flush and bleed.

Any opinion on water pump chaps?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
unless its leaking or due a cam belt change its alot of hassle.

a coolant flush on one of these is pretty easy.

you can buy 5 litres of ready made anti freeze for less then a tenner nowadays

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hi guys sorry been away working just an update fan still not working had a new timing belt and water pump fitted both relays changed cooling system flushed thru and topped up and bled thru by garage again had another diagnostic check no faults flagged up. Garage said change complete cooling system but don't really fancy paying hundreds of pounds for it. I drove it on motorway with aircon on and engine temp went past half way mark. At moment iv had to wire a manual switch to turn fan on to keep from overheating any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Forgot to mention when the plug to temp sensor on back of Thermostat housing is disconnected the fan works on full speed

P

·
0 Posts
Are you letting the car get hot enough for fan to kick in. Only time my fan kicked in was when needle has just touched the red zone, fan was for about 5 seconds and needle dropped back to half way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks gibbo is there anyway of testing the temp sensor just to make sure it's getting power to it. Pr1vatepiles the garage left the car started untill the needle hit the red and it overheated but still the fan refused to kick in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts