Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know if there is a relay and where it is for the cooling fan please? The fan works with direct power so I know that's ok and I have replaced the fan resistor. The fuse keeps blowing so not sure if it's a relay issue or a wiring problem.
Many thanks

·
7,854 Posts
The fan motor may still have failed and is drawing excess power. The fan failed on my DS it would run and only blow the fuse every time it switched to high speed. Swapped the fan and its been fine.

I put a clamp meter on the old motor and connected direct to the battery is would run but would draw near on 80 Amps instead of the 40-50 of the replacement

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fan motor may still have failed and is drawing excess power. The fan failed on my DS it would run and only blow the fuse every time it switched to high speed. Swapped the fan and its been fine.

I put a clamp meter on the old motor and connected direct to the battery is would run but would draw near on 80 Amps instead of the 40-50 of the replacement
Thanks for that, I have tried a different fan and still exactly the same though

·
7,854 Posts
Which fuse blows the one in the battery mounted fuse holder. Does it blow on ign on or start up even with A/C switched off (so no call for fan to run).

Also if possible what does the fuse look it melted ends (excess current) or clean break (short circuit)

On most models the speed control/resistor unit is powered on via power control module and switching is done within the unit by ecu signals fed via BSM.

With the control unit unplugged does the fuse blow if not I would look at the feed to fan the harness may have chaffed and be shorting. If yes check wiring from control unit back to bsm or power control module.

One way I often fault fine in these situations is to replace the fuse with a headlamp bulb if there is a short to earth the bulb lights, you can then wiggle and move harnesses and unplug items to track the fault and bulb going out.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts