Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So............ I had an issue with overheating some time ago, I replaced the thermostat and housing. It appears the fan is not kicking in. Now my aircon is not working!

My question, if someone has an answer. If the fan is not working, will this stop the compressor from working?

Just had it regassed to test, but the compressor is still not kicking in either.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an add on, I am assuming the reason for the original over heating issue, was the fan not working and not the thermostat. But hey ho, it has a new thermostat now!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another little add on! I live in Gibraltar, so it’s oretty hot here and the queue into Gib can sometimes be a nightmare, so both fan and aircon are essential...!!!

If anyone knows anyone close by with pp2000 it would help, as I have no idea how to use it!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
And as its a 407 it will be the usual fan wiring loom fault.
What is that?

(Also no fan here; doesn't run in PP2k actuators test.
Must have been working a few weeks ago when I got the AC gassed up as it was getting cold then.)

The only unusual thing is this (screenshot attached).
With the AC on, I can hear the compressor start and in PP2K I can see the pressure increase to about 10 bar and the evaporator temperature increase to about 35 degrees. However, the fan reference speed -- the fan speed requested by the ECU -- stays at zero.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
No

In pp2k the high speed fan check is now running.

In traffic the temperature creeps up to 90, which Ive never seen before.

All the gas has now leaked out of the ac, so can't reproduce the situation any more.

I suspect that the fan isn't running at low speed. A screenshot suggests that the computer isn't instructing it to run. Don't know how to get any further; get the AC leak fixed next I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts