Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
as part of clearing depollution faults I need some info on cooling fan integrated into ecu, P0483 please. Autodata suggest its the engine cooling fan. Any ideas how to correct this fault would be welcome. I am guessing fuse, relay, or motor replacement. Does anybody know the fuse number and which out of the three fusebox's this would be in to get me started please, Jim

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fan relay

many thanks for your reply, I will try that. Would you have any part numbers or location on the car(assuming it's the one attached to the radiator fan?)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hj Magma,
Many thanks for your help re the cooling fan relay. I have one ordered but cant get eyes on the faulty one. Is it inside the clipped shut box to the right of the fan as you stand in front of the car? If so is it normal to access it through the grill. The thought of taking the bumper off seems extreme.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Magma,
Will get on it tmoz. Bumper cant be too involved then, thats encouraging. Will try the other route first before setting on the bodywork. Thanks again.:)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cooling blower

Its beginning to look same with my fan. Fitted new relay, nothing, checked wiring, cleaned contacts, looks ok, powered up the two heavy wires at the connector one of which goes in and out of the relay, nothing. Either my tests are faulty or the fan is. I tend to think its the fan. Any ideas at this stage would be welcome or the missus is getting a fan for Christmas.

·
11,873 Posts
When I first got my 407 and found it wasn't working, the posts on the 407 forum said it was a common problem. Mine was fixed under warranty, came to about £300 all in.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cooling blower

Hi Gibbo, these peugeot's dont seem to last very long on electrics. I would have thought 64,000mls would have been half life, not replace time. Done egr valve, fuel cap sensor, Glow plugs, and relay, blower relay, plus additive tank filled from empty and dpf cleaned. And orange grommet in turbo pipe replaced plus another ordered as new one has split. Due to these problems i bought a timing belt kit today, not waiting for that to break. Love driving the car, its brilliant nice styling but getting pricey on parts. Cant think what i would have spent if not doing my own labour.

J

·
0 Posts
Hi Jmkent, is that £300 figure fitted or parts only please
That is the quoted price of the part only - direct from servicebox (and after checking a couple of other parts with local dealer, the cost on servicebox is accurate)

·
11,873 Posts
Hi Gibbo, these peugeot's dont seem to last very long on electrics. I would have thought 64,000mls would have been half life, not replace time.
Yep, me too. I think its a curse of the mark ones of any particular car. Over time the customers become the guinea pigs and they're sorted in a later revision. I think that's why the last of the 306 diesels are really sought after and fetch stupid money.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread

Meaning

The rash or inexperienced will attempt things that wiser people are more cautious of.

(Not my words:lol:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts