Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Car is a 2007 308 1.6 petrol and the temp gauge goes straight into the red even when cold so i am assuming it is the coolant temp sensor.

Please could someone tell me where this is located.

Best regards

Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, got one from peugeot today but am afraid the fault still remains, i have also noticed that just before the engine temp too high warning i also get anti pollution faulty also.

Any ideas? or is this one for the garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved!

I borrowed a mates OBDII diagnostic tool which showed error P0119 which indicates the coolant temp sensor faulty.

Having already replaced this I erased the error code, started the engine and everything appears to be back to normal with accurate temp readings and no warnings, happy days!

I hope my experience will help others in the future.

Best regards

Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
ECU pin locations

I have the same problem on a Peugeot 308 1.6 petrol.
Sensor changed but still the fan runs. Also have a anti pollution fault.
I will get the fault codes reset tomorrow at my local garage but would like to check the wiring between the sensor and ECU for piece of mind as have had a sensor problem before.
Can anyone tell me the pin location on the ECU for the coolant temp sensor?

Also does any one know the part number for the coolant sensor electrical plug as it disintegrated!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The antipollution fault was my fault as I forgot to plug the knock sensor back in before starting the car. (front left of engine) This was a few days after the coolant fault when I was checking sensor readings with my meter, so I didn't think they were related.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried that but didn't work so took it to my local garage.
Found out there was a short in the wiring of the coolant sensor (plug was knackered). Fitted and new plug, fault reset and off we go! Happy days!!!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Until next time!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gents

Im a newcomer hoping you can assist. I have a 206 1.6 16v sport 2005. I got a new cooling fan fitted and since then upon starting the temp gauge flies into the red and stop light illuminates. A new cooling sensor has been tried but didn't fix it. There is continuity in wiing between sensor and ecu and disconnecting battery didn't work either. A diagnostic flags up the sensor fault code but new sensor didn't work. Car been to Peugeot and they diagnosed faulty ecu and said get new one for £ 870. I sent ecu to bba reman and no fault found! I've now sent bsi but they app don't have equipment to check the sensor section.

I am really worried nd don't know who to tun o. My garage recommend changing car but reluctant o do so due to budget and a like of this model. Please please can someone help.

::thumb:

Best wishes

Am

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey
My peugeot is an automatic and i haven't been able to locate where the sensor is
Can you help me by giving some more descriptions of what i'm looking for?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
308 gt thp300

The car has been into Peugeot 2 weeks ago for an anti pollution fault and the coolant temp sensor and additive actuator were replaced. Today the vehicle has again come up with this fault and then immediately went into limp mode, does anybody have any idea as to what else could be wrong/common faults?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts