Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peugeot 307 2.0 l hdi recently had cambelt and waterpump replaced since then have had car asking for coolant to be topped up, on removing cap found lots of pressure, hoping its not the head gasket ... can anyone shed any light as to why its started since cambelt and pump changed?
Am clutching at straws but i am going to change the thermostat as the temp since this job had never got above 80 degress
any help much appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
you will have pressure once car is up to temp. I had a similar issue-turned out to be the sensor wiring which could be disturbed when draining system with expansion cap removed i guess . What is the coolant level like? is it above min level on the tank and are you continuosly topping up?
Is the system actually loosing water??
Signs of gasket failure may be white gunk under the oil cap,oil sheen in expansion tank, steam from exhaust,rougher than normal running blah blah (google is your friend for symptoms;))
80 degrees was about right for norm temp in my old 307, my 207 runs a bit hotter at near 90.
Just out of interest-how long ago was the job done?, reason i ask is you may have to top up coolant a bit after the system has been drained for the pump change. To refill correctly you need to make a funnel in to the tank to clear airlocks and i doubt many people actually do-result=topping up a bit as air is cleared from system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no gunk on header tank cap , cap on header tank is a bit dodgy but coolant will overflow when it is removed.
does not use coolant just very erratic level in the header tank , very strange have bled system through bleed holes on heater matrix and thermostat housing .. am tempted to try some k seal in the system just to see if this cures the pressurising .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts