Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is a 207 with the 1.6 petrol engine, 2008.

The coolant level has ben dropping quite fast over the last few months, now needing to be filled up once/ week, which is less than 200 miles. There are no obvious leaks, no wet area under the car or in the engine bay. The engine temperature is stable and the engine warms up at the normal rate and the cabin heater works (as it all should as I keep it topped up). There is a vacuum in the expansion tank when I unscrew the cap. The exhaust looks like it should, misty on initial start up and then virtually invisible.

Before I start taking off panels and covers, can anyone suggest a place to start or any tests to do first?

Regards,
Colin.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thermostat housing would be a good place to start, there is a well known failure in this piece, although usually an erratic temperature of engine behaviour appears.

hope it helps, cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got round to fixing this.

It took me a while to find, mainly because there was no obvious leaks and staining which you normally get with an anti-freeze leak.
It was the o-ring seal on the temperature sensor, about £3.50. fiddly to get to but otherwise straight forward.

Regards,
Colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts