Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

My 308 (2010, 1.6hdi, Auto), that I acquired last September, has a slight coolant loss of about 200ml per month. I can see some red liquid loss from the area shown in the attached photos. One is a closer view while the other is a distant view to show where the leakage area is. I will appreciate if someone could please help me with the following:

Identify the part from where the coolant is leaking (in terms of part name/ part number) and what is needed to repair that?

Am I expected to change the whole unit or just some seal etc.? Does the process require draining of coolant?

Also the AC is not cooling well. Freon level is correct and the compressor is starting. When AC is turned on, the high pressure pipe becomes very hot while the low pressure remains slightly cold. One potential reason for non-working AC is that the radiator fan doesn't kick-in when I start the AC, even when the engine is hot. There has been no overheating so far, primarily due to cold weather, but expect so in the coming summer. How can I check if the fan is OK? and what is the location of relay/ resistance that I should change to sort this problem? What are the related part numbers?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,

I am now sure that the leak is from the thermostat housing. Now the question is whether it is possible to just replace one of more seals (how many are there?) or I will have to replace the whole housing?

Also regarding radiator, if the relay/ resistor pack is gone, shall the fan not work at all or shall work only at certain speed? Is it possible to check if the fan is working on high relay setting? How to check if the relay in the fuse box that controls the fan is working fine?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts