Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ho guys i have the inevatible coolant loss...i have white chalky residue on the top of the expansion bottle ( on the outside soo no head gasket i dont belive) do you think the issue could be the coolant cap thanks matthew.

D

·
0 Posts
Yes fit a cap to it. Just check the position of the o ring in the cap first. It could be misaligned.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi thats great thanks il check the o ring in the morning and get a new cap for it thank so much for your help.matthew
bit of an update ive replaced my coolant cap but thw bottle is still leaking i have the white chalky ressidue on the top on the expansion bottle any body have anymore ideas.thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,759 Posts
Start the car and run it at a fast idle till the fan comes on. You might then spot where the leak is. If you do it just after you've been out it'll be quicker.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Start the car and run it at a fast idle till the fan comes on. You might then spot where the leak is. If you do it just after you've been out it'll be quicker.
hey thanks il give that a go tomorrow ive got to drive back from somerset so il get out n av a check its defo coming from the top thats where all the water marks are.il check all the colant pipes aswell make sure none are split thanks mate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey thanks il give that a go tomorrow ive got to drive back from somerset so il get out n av a check its defo coming from the top thats where all the water marks are.il check all the colant pipes aswell make sure none are split thanks mate.
right think ive nailed it lol.went to fill the coolant earlier before i loosened the cap i could here the hissing sound coming from the top ov tge bottle i thinl where tge over flow pipe is coming back in and pushin the water around its leaking.soo next job get a the expansion bottle on order and hopfuly fix the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts