Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can help me diagnose an issue I'm having with my 207. It's 2006 model, 1.4L Petrol.

Yesterday, i arrived home from work, got out of the car and there was a very large leak of coolant underneath, after opening the bonnet i could see it was coming from the pressure cap on the expansion bottle.

I recently (~2/3 months ago) had the thermostat changed in the car. I then had to return the car to mechanic as there was a lot of air in the pipes, soft to touch and i could hear the water/coolant sloshing around. They told me they bled the system and when i checked the hoses were harder to flex.

I checked again last night and pipes were easy to flex and could hear the sloshing of the coolant. I burped the car for about half hour, the coolant rose and bubbled and dropped several times and on one occasion entirely dropped into the system in what sounded like a water in a sink, i continued to add coolant while this was happening. I'm sure there's still more air in it however.

The temperature gauge is currently going up and down erratically which leads me to believe the problem persists.

Would anyone know what's causing the coolant to be leaking so excessively, does it sound like a blockage somewhere, stopping the the flow, leading to pressure build up? Thermostat gone?

Also, the coolant yesterday when leaking, was rust colored and quite a strong pungent odour from it, which leads me to believe there are emissions leaking into it, which is causing the air build up, which I assume is a sign the HG is about to go if it has not already.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Try buying a new cap for the bottle and bleeding the air out of the system at the 2 bleed points (bulk head into the heater matrix and side of the head by the thermostat).
Nobody on "Peugeot central" replied either

·
Registered
362 Posts
There is a recurrent fail in thermostat housing for 207's but not sure if the same could occur for your engine, do a search in the forum as the problem has been commented before. Changing thermostat housing for a new designed one usually solves the problem, even this issue sometimes was subject to a recall from dealer.

Hope it helps, cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts