Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello its my first time posting here...I have a petrol 207 year 2008 and recently overfilled the oil. Took it to be drained of excess oil and ever since its been a nightmare to drive. Im putting in 2-4 litres of water a day...the car loses power and the fan kicks in when driving and stays on for a good ten minutes agter turned the ignition off. Originally thought maybe headgasket issue but theres no milkiness and now I've noticed the water is leaking under the car.
Is it possible that when oil was removed the nut wasn't tightened and thats why water is being lost? No idea about cars so not even sure whether it's the same nut or whatever.

Im going to a garage on Wednesday but just wanted to know whether it could be as simple as something not tightened properly or something thats going to cost the earth...just seems weird that its happened since having the oil drained.

Thanks in advance
Michelle

·
Registered
884 Posts
could be from anywhere, we had a leak from the header tank and rad, both did not cost to much to swap, let the garage check.

bad running is probably down to air in the system, once fixed and bled shoud settle down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Probably a damaged or loosened coolant hose or damage on the external cooling system. Don't drive the car before someone more experienced have had a look under the bonnet (but not at the shop where you bled the excess oil).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts