Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam about to embark on a coolant change on my 106 zest 2001 where is the best drain point ,any tips on refill,ie preventing air locks. im thinking it takes about 6 litres regards bob

·
5,034 Posts
we have a 106 in the family, without looking at it, probably drain plug at bottom of rad or undo bottom hose. To refill put heater settings on hot,then slowly refill expansion bottle until nearly full, start enginge and run until warm checking heater gets hot, theres normally a bleed screw on one of the hoses if you get an airlock, but it really is straightforward. If you get stuck,post again and i'll try and grab the 106 whilst its passing and take a piccy to show you.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Simple job,normally bleeding the cooling system is straight forward and simple. There may be a drain tap at the bottom of the radiator? depends if its ever been replaced?? if not just remove the hose from the bottom of the rad`.
There are two bleed points,one in a hose on the o/side near the header tank,it looks like a tyre valve.The other is a brass allen screw in the thermostat housing on the n/side of the cylinder head.
Slacken the allen screw a few turns,remove the other valve cap,fill with fresh coolant until coolant appears at both and tighten up,fill to correct level.
Run engine at idle slacken allen screw to see if any air,same with other.Run the engine for some time with the rad cap off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finally did coolant change no probs. only got about 3 litres out does that sound abo ut right ,i thought it should be about 6 litres any ideas

P

·
0 Posts
finally did coolant change no probs. only got about 3 litres out does that sound abo ut right ,i thought it should be about 6 litres any ideas
Depends how you went about it. Unless you took the water pump out and the radiator and got every bit out, bound to have been some left in system.

P

·
0 Posts
When doing cambelt i emptied all the coolant. A bit came out from radiator and pipes. But wasn't until water pump came out do all of it finally leave the system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
itwas a quick job,bottom hose off,water up the sleeve of overalls,out the back of my neck,into the bucket behind me,live and learn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts