Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure out how the centre cool box on my 3008 is chilled? There doesn't seem to be an air inlet which I've seen on previous French cars. I wondered if it was the bottom or side plate that just gets cold?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I can't figure out how the centre cool box on my 3008 is chilled? There doesn't seem to be an air inlet which I've seen on previous French cars. I wondered if it was the bottom or side plate that just gets cold?
I could have sworn mine gets cold when the air con is on

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (40.2mpg)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine stays cool with air con on. I believe they utilise the ducts that go to the rear centre vents and must pass the chilled air along the sides of the box.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I could have sworn mine gets cold when the air con is on

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (40.2mpg)
Mine stays cool with air con on. I believe they utilise the ducts that go to the rear centre vents and must pass the chilled air along the sides of the box.
So in winter with the car heater on it gets hot

·
Registered
509 Posts
All cars I've had up to now have had a dial in the glovebox where you can turn the blower on off so you're not heating the glovebox in winter but yes if there is no dial in the centre console then it will heat in winter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
All cars I've had up to now have had a dial in the glovebox where you can turn the blower on off so you're not heating the glovebox in winter but yes if there is no dial in the centre console then it will heat in winter.
thats unless it maybe cooled by refrigerant pipes directly

·
Registered
765 Posts
My DS5 has a small slide that blocks the air inlet. It's on the RHS wall of the box. Surprised it is not the same on the 3008, though on the DS if you pull up the rubber insert the OBD port is there where on the 3008 you have to pull part of the dash off I believe.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Many thanks - I'll take a closer look over the weekend.

Although the coolbox is great, I do find things move about in the box and I'm not sure I want all my clutter chilled!

Much appreciate all the responses.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Agree with the last point.

A small bottle in the centre storage compartment clunks around a lot!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There is a cold air outlet inside the centre cool box front/right mid way up :)
Many thanks. Just been out with a torch and looking from the back seats, you can see the vents.

Cheers for the clarification.

Reactions: Tell

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Completely off topic so apologies Beau.

Anyone interested in the Tour de France, next Tuesday the tour passes through my local town of Lalinde on the way to Bergerac. I'll be there (reason for not going home with my wife). Now what can I do as the cameras pass so you'll recognise me? :notsure:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Completely off topic so apologies Beau.

Anyone interested in the Tour de France, next Tuesday the tour passes through my local town of Lalinde on the way to Bergerac. I'll be there (reason for not going home with my wife). Now what can I do as the cameras pass so you'll recognise me? :notsure:
If you want you can chase the peloton with your car and your wife can wave at the helicopter camera standing through the panoramic openable roof :lol::goteam:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts